Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dual carb accelerator cable and spring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
My dual dellortos have springs on them, and they snap back fine when throttling by hand on the linkage crossbar. But, when throttled by foot, it doesn't seem to snap back and throttle down. So is a spring typically required to overcome cable friction, or does this just mean my cable is crap?
Aaron Cox
with a terry cable, and weber carbs, i did not ever require a return spring.

for a wicked snappy cable, check out the crossbar springs at airkewld.

Hammy
My dual carbed setup required an extra spring on center of the crossbar, hooked to the back wall of the engine compartment. Might give you a real stiff pedal though.
derekdenman
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Oct 27 2007, 05:45 PM) *

My dual dellortos have springs on them, and they snap back fine when throttling by hand on the linkage crossbar. But, when throttled by foot, it doesn't seem to snap back and throttle down. So is a spring typically required to overcome cable friction, or does this just mean my cable is crap?

I am running dual delortos with a terry cable and no extra springs. I had an OEM throttle cable (brand new) when I put the carbs on and the friction was very bad. The terry cable fixed that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.