Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carb installs. I need pictures of your linkage.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
ive seen them installed upside down and right side up. can you guys post some pictures of your installs please?

also....where do you guys mount your bugpack breather setups?

This is mucho appreciated! thanx!
PS- is anyone running CB performances 914 linkage w/ manifolds? (korijo? IIRC)
Gint
I'll have to do some diggin to find those pics of my forst 914. They're sucky pics, but if you want 'em...
914ghost
Acox-
I think the way the linkage mounts will depend on what linkage you have.
If you have the Aluminum Air Filter baseplate- ala Dellorto(like mine)- you have to mount them right side up, BUT theres two (upper & lower) mounts for the hex bar. The stamped steel ones can be flipped over.
Also, theres two different lengths of carb linkage, you guessed it- long & short.
You can select the "throw" of the linkage at the carb too, I have mine on short throw right now because I have the long linkage arms.
You may also have to fiddle with where you mount the throttle cable connect to the hex bar- I've found that if its too far to one side it affects throttle syncronization- one opens sooner.
Its pretty easy to fit it all together, but you gotta mess with it for a while until it works and feels right.
I dont have a breather box right now, I need to get one. I just have all my vents going to one filter (the way I got it) and its probably not too great.
My engine is ugly but As soon as I get it running better I'll spiff it up.
Anyhow,
Good luck!
Robert O
Gint
These pics are even worse (on the "spif" scale):

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

The pictures are crap, but this setup worked great.
Aaron Cox
thanks guys! keep em coming.
Kargeek
Mine is an old CB performance without the intregral air cleaner base. Cross bar is on the lower setting, extra holes on the carb supports cut off. Arms pointed to the rear, aftermarket VW breather. DH
cnavarro
That is an awesome looking engine bay. I wish mine was that tidy.

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance
Aaron Cox
keep them coming. the kit i want to buy comes with CB manifolds, linkage, airfilters and top and bottom assemblies....

172.00 OUCH! has anyone bought this kit? but i hear this linkage is the best clap56.gif
Aaron Cox
now im confused idea.gif ...they have This one for 75.00, and This one for 99.00/172.00 (w/ or w/o manifolds)

which ones do people have experience with
dab914
HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN A 4 BARREL MANIFOLD & CARB ON A 1.7,1.8,2.0 IN A 914? DAN
Kargeek
Acox914...The CB units you show are with/without air cleaners, Otherwise the same. They have two styles, one is a baseplate for use with any air cleaner and the other has an intregral air cleaner base for use with their top and K&N type element. The linkage is the same. This is a good carb linkage. Call 'em if you have questions DH
Hawktel
mine
Brad Roberts
Dan,

I have not seen it.. and know why. The runners would be too long. You would end up with fuel puddling under the carb with a 4 barrel setup. The little progressive two barrel that you have seen only works because one tiny throttle valve is supplying air and fuel until you crack into the secondary. The single 4 barrel works for turbo drag bugs because it has a very short intake manifold and the fuel doesnt get a chance to puddle up (plus they are built like a light switch..on/off)

B
MJHanna
spit can on front firewall
rhodyguy
here is a shot of the triad unit on my car. note, it comes WITH the cable holder. the cb does NOT. it's a bit more money than the cb. i bet if you post a want to buy you should be able to buy a set of tall manifolds pretty resonalbly. this setup works well with the big k&ns i have . don't have to go through bs of cutting the cross bar to fit. a bolt and go. i like it. it comes powder coated.

kevin
Aaron Cox
where can i find triads website?
rhodyguy
www.triadwestperformance.com.

kevin
Aaron Cox
did everyone make their own throttle cable bracket??
MarkV
Aaron,

I have this in a pdf file if it will help you.
MarkV
Here is the CB Performance link to the pdf file: http://www.cbperformance.com/techguide.asp
Aaron Cox
i understand how it works....and how to install it... just need a throttle bracket solution.
MarkV
Ace Hardware flat stock & a couple of drill bits. All that I have seen have been home made.
Aaron Cox
thanks....
Korijo
Sorry Aaron, just read the thread...

I dont know where my set up came from (originally). Got it of eBay. Lots of extra stuff came with it, but no cable bracket piece. Picked that up at the Scrap Yard.
dab914
what tpye of fuel pump & regulator did you use, and where are they mounted. thanks dan
Korijo
I am going to use Mallory parts.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
pat4
I use the Mitsuba fuel pump with two 44 IDFs. It is 4 psi regulated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.