Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuse keeps blowing~
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikeyboy_85
Today i got in to take my 914 out on a nice sunny day and i noticed that my guages were not working right, so i looked at the fuses and replaced the blown fuse, the when i put myfoot on the brake pedal the fuse blew again. i looked at all the wiring on the tail lights and all seems to be in good order, and all the globes are fine, where else should i look ??

cheers michael
alpha434
That typically means you've got a short some where.

Get a good multimeter.
mikeyboy_85
could you be more specific to where i should look?
Spoke
Some ideas:

1) If you've worked on some part of the car recently, see if there were any wires moved that may be shorting. Check the wires in that area for shorting.

2) If applying the brakes blows the fuse, check the taillight wires for proper connections. That is, connectors securely attached and not touching each other and wire insulation that is not cracked or stripped back too far.

3) Question: does the fuse blow when the running lights or headlights are on?

4) Check the wires around the brake light switch on the pedal cluster. Look for frayed wire insulation or loose connectors.

Spoke
Dr Evil
Which fuse is blowing? That will help me help you as I can look at the circuit and tell you where to start biggrin.gif
mikeyboy_85
cool thanks, will check behind the pedals tonight

SGB
Check that the bulbs themselves are correct and correctly seated too. They can be jammed in wrong and will function- but the ground goes through the other filiment or something. In fact, just a blown filiment resting on the other one in the bulb can make strange things happen.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(mikeyboy_85 @ Oct 29 2007, 12:54 AM) *

could you be more specific to where i should look?

You're a newbie, so I'll go easy on you just this once. Look at a wiring diagram, then trace the fault. Pelican Parts has nice wiring diagrams, in full color, on their website. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.