Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mystery Part
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eddie914
For all you experts that know every part on a 914 on sight.

IPB Image

Luckily this part broke at the gas station on the way home insead of at the track an hour earlier at over 100mph.

This has multiple uses on my lightened Teener.

TIA

Eddie
KaptKaos
I'm no expert, but it looks like the engine bay cover latch pin.
boxstr
agree.gif CCL
Eddie914
Joe & Craig,

Wow, that was fast. All three spot welds broke and the lid popped open! My teener has lift off fiberglass hood and rear deck lid. The front edge of the rear deck lid is held on by clips attached to the engine bay cover.

If this would have broken on the track, the rear deck lid would have taken flight.

Looks like it's time for more hood (deck) pins.

Regards

Eddie
KaptKaos
Holy crap, I actually got something right!. laugh.gif
boxstr
Joe, Congratulations!!! What did you win??
CCL
VaccaRabite
I could be wrong, but don't tracks require hood pins to keep your scenerio from happening (hood opening at speed on the track)

All the track cars that I have seen have them, and I had been told they were required. But I'm not a racer, so what do I know...?

Eddie914
The car has hood pins on the "hood" (front).

I've searched everywhere and can't find "trunk pins" or "rear deck pins" so I installed "L" brackets on the engine bay cover to hold down the front of the rear deck.

I didn't anticipate all three spot welds to break!

I'm planning on pins for both the rear deck and engine bay cover after this failure.

Eddie
Root_Werks
That was a close call! I have seen universal trunk pins used on 914 engine lids before. Not a big mod at all. smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.