Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Orginal 9146 and early 914 items
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
GaroldShaffer
Hey guys I came across some orignal 9146 items and early 914 stuff. Just wondering if your car has them? First is a set of engine compartment plugs. These close the holes for the 4cyl engine lid drain tubes on the engine shelf. The other is seat belt holsters for ealry cars 70 - early 72. These would mount on the inner longitude towards the back of the seat side bloster. These would give you a place to hold your seatbelt buckle out of the way. Kind of neat, I have never seen them before.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Oct 29 2007, 09:44 AM) *

Hey guys I came across some orignal 9146 items and early 914 stuff. Just wondering if your car has them? First is a set of engine compartment plugs. These close the holes for the 4cyl engine lid drain tubes on the engine shelf. The other is seat belt holsters for ealry cars 70 - early 72. These would mount on the inner longitude towards the back of the seat side bloster. These would give you a place to hold your seatbelt buckle out of the way. Kind of neat, I have never seen them before.

Garold,

Good stuff! Never thought about how a six would seal those drain holes. Can't say I've ever noticed the seat belt holsters for the early cars before. My 72 was completed in June 72, so it has retractable belts.
Pat
brer
that appears to be the same white plastic plug that is used in my /4 to plug the oil line hole at the forward drivers engine shelf.
smontanaro
My /6 has the seat belt holders. I'll have to check for the plugs.

Skip

1970 Neun vierzehn
Gar,
My 70/4 has a seat belt holder, but all 4 holes are cracked to the edges sad.gif

BTW, how's your repaint and re-assembly going? I don't recall seeing any progress pics lately?

Paul
McMark
I've never heard of the seat belt holders. Original or aftermarket, I wonder... idea.gif
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 2 2007, 02:54 AM) *

I've never heard of the seat belt holders. Original or aftermarket, I wonder... idea.gif

Original. 1970 and 1071 only I believe.
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Nov 2 2007, 09:06 AM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 2 2007, 02:54 AM) *

Original. 1970 and 1071 only I believe.

agree.gif They were likely on the early cars that didn't have inertia reel seat belts. They were definitely OEM.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.