Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Riviera Wheel offset ?'s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bill Meyer
Just picked up the 914 this weekend and really like it. Drove it back from LA to Kansas City over the weekend and I can't think of anything it needs other than some wheel help.

The Riviera's have some serious lack of offset and sit way insided the wheelwell.

Are all riviera's like this or were there other offset's available?

If not, what other wheel's would fill these out better? I know some wider tires would help, but these rims seem awfully narrow.

Thanks for any help! Bill
rjames
My understanding is that there were at least 2 different offsets for the Rivieras, one of which was designed for our cars.
Demick
Most rivieras have the VW offset - which usually have the opposite problem that you describe. They sit approx 3/4" further out than the standard 914 wheels. So normally, people complain that tire size is limited with the Rivs due to rubbing on the outer fender.

Looks like you have 165 series tires on there. That's what they came with from the factory. But most everyone now puts 185 to 205 width tires on their 914's. Doing this will improve handling, as well as help 'fill up' your wheelwell.

But if you want to change wheels to another style, there aren't too many options for ones that fit well. Most people go with factory wheels. Fuchs, Mahles, or Pedrinnis.
skline
Throw some 205's on there and call it a day. Or you could find a nice set of Mahle's or Fuch's and do the same thing. The Fuch's and Mahle's are both lighter wheels but they all are round and will move you along.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.