Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Fuse on Relay Board
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drue
What's the red fuse (25 amp?) on the relay board and does it matter that I don't have one? I'm assuming it's for an option my car doesn't have, but I'm just guessing.
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Rand
I thought the 25A relay board fuse was:
Heater Blower, Fuel Pump, Rear Window Defrost
yenningComity
Not to hijack, but the 4 cylindrical objects *the name escapes me atm*. What are they for? I ask because my car has one missing.
drue
yenningComity,

Those round things are relays but I can't tell you which is which.
anderssj
If I remember, the fuse closest to the firewall is not usually used (one end connects to “8” on 14-pin connector [black from ignition switch “15” + in run], the other to "9" on the 12-pin connector [not used]).

Hope this helps . . .
ejm
QUOTE(anderssj @ Oct 29 2007, 06:01 PM) *

If I remember, the fuse closest to the firewall is not usually used (one end connects to “8” on 14-pin connector [black from ignition switch “15” + in run], the other to "9" on the 12-pin connector [not used]).

agree.gif I think it may have been for the electric chokes on carburated engines

BTW: welcome.png to the new guys
Rand
Hold on.... Not related to carbs.

Dang, I'll have to dig this up when I get home.

You know, this is in the Haynes..... If you don't have a Haynes manual, that is a necessity.
Rand
From front to back, these are the four relays:
Rear window defogger (optional) <-- so correct in that often not used (closest to firewall)
Power supply (not sure how to expound on this without the manual)
Fuel pump
Heater blower
jk76.914
"Power supply" is the power to the FI electronic control unit. In addition to flowing power to the ECU, it turns on the fuel pump relay.
Rand
Thanks Jim. What is the third one then? ("Fuel pump")
jk76.914
QUOTE(Rand @ Oct 29 2007, 09:11 PM) *

Thanks Jim. What is the third one then? ("Fuel pump")

You had it right- 1. defogger, 2. fuel pump, 3. "power supply", 4. heater blower.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.