Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bumper Pad Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Title says it all. Who make the fiberglass bumper pads for the early bumpers ? Link?
2-OH!
Jim:

Check E-Bay...I bought mine there about a year ago...They show up from time to time...

I thought a couple of folks here were in the process of making them as well...

2-OH!
jim_hoyland
I thought I had seen some FG pad that looked very new.
Sounds like they are not in production.... sad.gif

QUOTE(2-OH! @ Oct 30 2007, 01:15 PM) *

Jim:

Check E-Bay...I bought mine there about a year ago...They show up from time to time...

I thought a couple of folks here were in the process of making them as well...

2-OH!

arvcube
i'd be interested in a set too..
McMark
morph was talking about making them, but I don't know if he's had time yet. I know he's a busy fellow. wink.gif
woobn8r
try here

http://bedrisersales.com/frontbumper.html

S.
jim_hoyland
Who has ordered from them ? Wondering how it fits. idea.gif

QUOTE(woobn8r @ Oct 31 2007, 07:40 AM) *

Krieger
$195 clams thats about what it costs for a "real" new one.
Bogaat
QUOTE(Krieger914 @ Oct 31 2007, 11:35 AM) *

$195 clams thats about what it costs for a "real" new one.

Dude, new ones are about $350...please find me one for $200...please?
beer3.gif
2-OH!
Jim:

I have them on my car and as I said, I bought them from a supplier on E-Bay about a year ago...

They fit like crap...You have to put them on and take them off about 6 times to fit, file, drill,fit, file, drill, fit, file...I finally got them to look decent but...

I do not remember who the manufacturer was, but it seemed like a small mom & pop type deal...Just don't remember...

Plan on a lot of fitting...And I don't think it necessarily was poor manufacturing or molds but rather due to the fact that all cars are just a little different...The finish surface was good enough, just did not fit the mounting holes and bumper correctly...

2-OH!
jim_hoyland
Sent bedriser an email for more info... popcorn[1].gif
Coy
I got a set from Bedriser; way more affordable than real ones, but not the correct curve. The finish is great, but I think the mold was done with the original pads lying flat. I filed holes in my bumper so it fit better, but still not correct.

My originals had rusted completly apart on the inside and finally let go. So these were a decent replacement, but I'd still buy a new $200 set today, if someone made a better fitting pair.
familienauto
Are the originals made of fiberglass or rubber?
RoadGlue
Rubber with metal bracing or some sort that rusts from the inside out. sad.gif
jim_hoyland
Front and Back ?

They just show the front now

QUOTE(Coy @ Oct 31 2007, 01:53 PM) *

I got a set from Bedriser; way more affordable than real ones, but not the correct curve. The finish is great, but I think the mold was done with the original pads lying flat. I filed holes in my bumper so it fit better, but still not correct.

My originals had rusted completly apart on the inside and finally let go. So these were a decent replacement, but I'd still buy a new $200 set today, if someone made a better fitting pair.

G e o r g e
Jim

Back top

beerchug.gif
Coy
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 31 2007, 03:49 PM) *

Front and Back ?

They just show the front now

QUOTE(Coy @ Oct 31 2007, 01:53 PM) *

My Bad... I paid $275 (it was a bid on Ebay) for the front & back (plus shipping). I never used the back as mine is still good.
Gint
I got the set that bedriser first sold on ebay. At the time (it's been at least a year and a half) I got the front and the rear for $165 delivered. It was a great deal, but I've haven't tried to fit them yet.
Krieger
Okay maybe not $200, but $289 at strasse in Nov Excellence. I can't remember where but I know I saw them for $245. And I bet they fit when you bolt them up and they look really good. Versus fitting them, maybe doing some glass work, a bunch of sanding/mess and painting them. What is your time worth? Unless your trying to save what maybe 5#s front and rear.
Bogaat
QUOTE(Krieger914 @ Oct 31 2007, 09:34 PM) *

Okay maybe not $200, but $289 at strasse in Nov Excellence. I can't remember where but I know I saw them for $245. And I bet they fit when you bolt them up and they look really good. Versus fitting them, maybe doing some glass work, a bunch of sanding/mess and painting them. What is your time worth? Unless your trying to save what maybe 5#s front and rear.

Do they have a web site? And that was for a front pad? Thanks!
smile.gif
URY914
I've seen one and it didn't have the "step" or the indent that is on the face of the original ones. It was smooth on top surface. Hard to explain really.
TJB/914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 1 2007, 06:21 AM) *

I've seen one and it didn't have the "step" or the indent that is on the face of the original ones. It was smooth on top surface. Hard to explain really.

Hi Paul,

This picture will help. Carl from MI priced his tops around $250.00 to cover his cost with a small profit back in 2004. Everyone thought it was too high & carl decided to stop making them. Carl was in this type of auto business and would have inproved them if he continued. They fit & were high quality, but alias Carl went back to his real job & haven't heard from him in a long time.

Tom
914rrr

Unfortunately, no dice. I already called Strasse about 3 months ago regarding the front bumper pad listed in their ad. They told me that the front pad has been back ordered from Porsche for about 2 years... and counting.

Talk is they may soon be NLA.

The current bird board OEM front pad price is $498.50 each and I'm not even sure THEY have 'em.
Eddie Williams
QUOTE(914rrr @ Nov 1 2007, 07:45 PM) *

Unfortunately, no dice. I already called Strasse about 3 months ago regarding the front bumper pad listed in their ad. They told me that the front pad has been back ordered from Porsche for about 2 years... and counting.

Talk is they may soon be NLA.

The current bird board OEM front pad price is $498.50 each and I'm not even sure THEY have 'em.

I have a pair, new in the box. I'm watching this to see how much I should ask for them. Intreresting, how the market works!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
these pads are always in stock at most 914 parts sellers the rear is cheaper than the front but both prices hover around the 400 dollar mark. No need to worry about supply on these just the damn high price!!!!!!!
Eddie Williams
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 2 2007, 10:52 AM) *

these pads are always in stock at most 914 parts sellers the rear is cheaper than the front but both prices hover around the 400 dollar mark. No need to worry about supply on these just the damn high price!!!!!!!

So would 750 be a fair price for the pair?

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.