Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BiG bOgGs
I had most of the connections labled when I pulled the harness, but a couple of them have lost their lables. This wire comes off of the rear of the harness, and has the end pictured. Any tips as to where this shoule be connected to?

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
jd74914
I would bet that it connects to a PO created ground. That is definitely a non-factory wire. Try running the engine without it connected? Maybe is unnecessary.

BTW: I like your signature . . . Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance is a great book. I is kinda weird though, I got it from my girlfriend's dad for some reason laugh.gif
nola914
Find the other end using a meter or continuity light. Then find that pin connection on the wiring diagram for your year. That will tell you where the loose end is supposed to go.

The diagrams are in the Haynes manual or on the Pellican Board.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Oct 29 2007, 08:21 PM) *

I would bet that it connects to a PO created ground. That is definitely a non-factory wire. Try running the engine without it connected? Maybe is unnecessary.

BTW: I like your signature . . . Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance is a great book. I is kinda weird though, I got it from my girlfriend's dad for some reason laugh.gif

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.