Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Springs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BiG bOgGs
My 76 914 looks like it is going up hill. I don't know if this is because the rear springs are old and weak, or that the front is just adjusted to high. What do I need to do to check the front for proper hight. And what do I need to do to check the rear springs for what size they are and then what measurement should I take to see if they are still in spec?

If they do need replaced, is there and easy way to do it, or do I just get the Haynes manual out and do it step by step?

Jim
SLITS
Rears - 90 -100 lbs per inch. Measure free length, put 90 - 100 lbs on spring and measure again . deflection should be 1" - if more they are weak.

Haynes manual is your friend .... no other way than to remove them, compress springs with spring compressor and remove nut on shock rod then release spring compressor slowly.

Not a bad job but be very careful. If the cheaper spring compresors are not kept in line, the spring can fly at a high rate of velocity and hurt someone / something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.