Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Racing interiors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Belgium914
I was considering on selling the 914, but now i'm more and more turning towards the idea of making it a racer.

I have some clues about the exterior, but i don't really know how to threat the interior.
I'm thinking of going really basic: no carpetting, bucket seats, ...

Blank points are: dashboard.

Can you show some pics of racing interiors?

Rough_Rider
Depends on what class you wish to compete in. Some classes allow complete interior gutting, others require stock pieces to remain.

Have a look at the world & british touring car interiors they retain a stock dashboard but everything else is gone.

Belgium914
The first one is to naked for my taste, but the second one ..... keep them coming.
drew365
What Trev told you about building to the rules of which class you want to race in is really important. In most clubs a non stock dash puts you in with highly modified cars. I don't have a pic of my dash on this computer, I will post one tonight, it's a modified stock.
Belgium914
Actually, i will not perform in any race class whatsoever. It will be used for weekends out, 99% street use. So the looks have priority over the class biggrin.gif
d914
same boat wrong computer, will post some tonight
Gustl
here's the most original '71 Monte Carlo 914-6 GT #1
Gustl
and here an interior shot of the "Singer GT"
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Gustl @ Oct 30 2007, 10:54 AM) *

here's the most original '71 Monte Carlo 914-6 GT #1

That would be my pic, spartan yet comfortable while still retaining the classic 914 interior architecture.

Paul
flesburg
This is the interior of our DE car. Just the basics.Click to view attachment
Chris Pincetich
OOOh, those seats look comfy! beerchug.gif
What kind are they? Kirkey with custom covers??
flesburg
Don't tell anyone but they are home made. My wife was a pattern maker at a furniture company for about 10 years, and after I took factory shells, cut them apart, and extended the bolsters with fiberglass, and cut holes through for belts and shoulder harnesses and submarine belt, she upholstered them with some automobile cloth.
So I guess they are flesburg seats.

They really do work well on the track at DE events, no slipping and sliding around at all. No more sore thighs or lower back from trying to hold yourself "on" the seat. Stock 914 seats are ok on the road, but pretty inadequate at track events.

By the way, they have been reupholstered one time, were first made in about 92, after the 3.2 engine and 9 inch wheels.
yarin
Here's a pic of my 914, cage is a bit much, i dont really drive it on the street anyway.

A bit rough in comparison to others, but I like it. Also the minimalist angle, with the exception of the gaues. A man can never have too many gauges. smile.gif

yarin
and another..

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/206/469757544_4d02ba3219.jpg

Autopower Roll cage welded to the rear suspension points.
DanT
just depends on how "racy" you want to be biggrin.gif
DanT
and
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.