Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Morse Cables?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
slim72914
So I am getting tired of waiting for my clutch tubeto arrive I paid for over a month ago... And I started wondering if anyone had used Morse Cables rather than the stock tube? Any reason this wouldnt work??
slim72914
No one has tried this???
McMark
Never heard of it. If I were in a hurry, I'd go get some steel brake line from the parts store and use that.
slim72914
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 1 2007, 07:43 PM) *

Never heard of it. If I were in a hurry, I'd go get some steel brake line from the parts store and use that.

Well I think I'm going to try it. Ill get everything measured up and let everyone know how it turns out.
LvSteveH
The clutch tube route is pretty easy, just make extra sure you leave enough room around the shifter or you'll find yourself unable to select all the gears. Clamping it to the tunnel wall with some welders vice grips works well (the type with the round pivoting ends are great).
sean_v8_914
I've seen them used on cable shifters ala Patrick's. I think proper implementation should yield success
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.