Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ot "shadow of the mountain" pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
the sun rises behind mt rainier as the it comes back up latitude wise. the mountain blocks the suns rays casting its shadow on the sky. everything has to be just right for this to be seen. as in no cloulds. this happens on very specific days.

kevin
rhodyguy
i saw this phenom on the 20th also. it lasts for about 5 minutes.

kevin
rhodyguy
the dark mound at the bottom of the picture is the mountain.

kevin
Bleyseng
Thats cuz you get up too early to feed the slugs, Kevin!

Cool pics!

Geoff
Jenny
Thanks for sharing. Beautiful. We're getting piss poor weather in CA.

Jen
ppickerell
That is an amazing phenom! It reminds me of the wierd lenticular cloud that forms on Mt. Shasta. Here is a pic from this weekend Frost on the window at Tahoe
ppickerell
ooops here is the pic
redshift
Wow.. thanks for that, neat stuff I'll never see-on-the-sea..

I wish I was affected as much by my natural surroundings, but alas, nature here is flat, and mostly featureless to the naked eye.

Your surroundings grab your nudity, and yank on it... wink.gif

Ouch!

M
RON S.
Cool pics,
All the snow makes me glad to know it's 65deg. here and I can still work on my 'teener outside.
Ron
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(RON S. @ Dec 30 2003, 09:47 AM)
Cool pics,
All the snow makes me glad to know it's 65deg. here and I can still work on my 'teener outside.
Ron

finger.gif
redshift
Don't hate us because we are warm....

smile.gif

M
RON S.
Warm Rules laugh.gif mueba.gif dance.gif w00t.gif

Ron
DNHunt
Kevin

That's way cool. Lived here my whole life and never seen that. One of the really neat sites of winter is seeing the sun rise near Mt. Rainier. Probably such a big treat because it's usually too cloudy to see it.

Got to get your enjoyment when you can

Dave
fiid
Those pics are awesome.

Weather has been rainy down here in CA, but it's all snow in the hills. 2 weeks until I get to spend a week in Utah skiing and watching cool movies boldblue.gif

Should be nice snow from all this lot.

Anyone else going to Sundance?
watsonrx13
Those pics are awesome.

Weather in central Florida this week is lows 56, highs 72.

What's snow?
GWN7
Cool Pictures
ThinAir
QUOTE(RON S. @ Dec 30 2003, 10:47 AM)
Cool pics,
        Ron

Hah! I work on my teener outside when it's 8F without the wind chill. I don't even have a garage door that I can close, just a carport enclosed on 3 sides. Ya do what ya gotta do! Somehow my projects can never wait for spring.
Bruce Allert
One last time for the day.......

ar15.gif IHATEWINTER

.............bbbbbbbrrrrrrrrr
scotty
Kevin:

On the other side of the day, "alpenglow" makes a pretty cool picture too (sun has set, but is still shining on the mountain).

Terrain + sunlight = coolpix cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.