Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pics Wanted: 914 w/ 996 or 997 5 Spoke Rims
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chuck
I was wondering if anyone had a pic of a 914 with the 996 or 997 5 spoke 18" rims.
jonferns
taken at a local autox event earlier this year (in NJ). Anyone here? ray, you were there, have any idea who it is?

IPB Image

-JON
bmtrnavsky
WOW!!! Those look awesome!
racerx9146
I used to run them, check out this pix way back from WCC2004

IPB Image

I went back to Fuchs. I thought the 9 x 17's just looked too big for the car, made it look like a hot wheel! Also limits your rear alignment possibilities.

John
jd74914
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Oct 31 2007, 05:40 PM) *

taken at a local autox event earlier this year (in NJ). Anyone here? ray, you were there, have any idea who it is?

IPB Image

-JON

Those look like cup wheels . . . not 996/997 smile.gif
Andyrew
lemme find a pic of mine..
IPB Image
Boxter 17's.. (god that was 2 years ago..)

Dont have any good pics with the 18 turbo's in the back...

Thack
QUOTE(racerx9146 @ Oct 31 2007, 04:53 PM) *

I used to run them, check out this pix way back from WCC2004

IPB Image

I went back to Fuchs. I thought the 9 x 17's just looked too big for the car, made it look like a hot wheel! Also limits your rear alignment possibilities.

John

These wheels look like they would scrape a curb first before the tire. Not practical for a daily driver IMHO. How do do they fare?
wbergtho

-JON

Really like the stance that silver car has!!!!
Andyrew
I rode in racerx9146 at the time that that picture was takin for quite a few miles. I think it rode just wonderfully!
So.Cal.914
IPB Image

John

I disagree, I think they look awsome.

These wheels look like they would scrape a curb first before the tire. Not practical for a daily driver IMHO. How do do they fare?

That is only if you are in the habit of blasting into curbs. I leave about a foot to 18"

so the passenger door will open enough to get my wife out and to avoid the sh!t

that ends up in the gutter...Like nails.

dakotaewing
Here are some more pics of the same silver car, and others -
All cup's -
TeenerTim
Does anyone know who makes that spoiler on the blue car?
jd74914
It's homemade. I have the pictures from when it was being molded on my computer at home. When I go home this weekend I'll find them and post them (if no one has already) smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
That would be cool. I want to see how they did the splitter.
jaminM3
Is this good enough.. unsure.gif

Dr Evil
Do these count?
retrotech
The Blue car is mine. In those pictures I had 7" wide, 993 wheels, with 205x17 tires, all around. I know have flares and use the same wheels in 9", with 255 all around. I think they are the best look! The spoke wheels have too much open space for the 914, to me anyway. By the way, I have those 4 - 7"x17" wheels for sale @ $500. The fit a stock body with the inner lip crimped. They are one of the lightest contempory Porsche wheels.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.