Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New! rear targa seals 914-563-077-11
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
Mikey914
SPECIAL WORLD PRICING !!!
To avoid confusion, one of the following pictures is the old seal before removal, you can see the new seal ready for installation in the same frame.
black73
Got mine today.
Great product, fast shipping... highly recommended! smilie_pokal.gif
alremley
Look great. My son and I thinking about getting a pair.
Questions: Are these the ones made from garage door seals?
Are the corners glued or bonded.

Also, interested in the side seals when you perfect them
Mikey914
Thanks for your inquiry, these seals were extruded to order for me specific for my application. I did choose a softer EPDM rubber as I thought it would work better to seal, and last longer for this application. I also added the the waterproof 2 sided seal to help keep water out and bond to the roof. The edges are not thermally bonded, however I understand your concern, I have seen these before that have been glued together with super glue and are crunchy and will break in a short time. Mine utilize a flexible glue provided by my extruder that is set in a special jig and has to set up for 24 hours before it's cured. Once it's cured the seal will flex with the glue. If you have tried my other seals you will see that my seals are of a better quality than those "manufacturers" that are simply taking something from Home Depot thats not designed for this application and slapping something together.

Ultimately, these are not OEM, I did make some improvements that I thought would make them easier to install and as good or better at sealing. If you are going for concourse, I recommend OEM, if you want a functional seal that looks close to stock, and don't want to spend the OEM $, my product is for you.

Hope this answers your question.

PS the ones with the fuzzy will be ready next week after Thanksgiving.
tango-52
What is the purpose of the fuzzy? Does it do anything useful or is it just for originality. I need two of the rear targa seals as well as two sets of side seals once they are ready. Thanks.
Mikey914
QUOTE(tango-52 @ Dec 5 2007, 10:57 AM) *

What is the purpose of the fuzzy? Does it do anything useful or is it just for originality. I need two of the rear targa seals as well as two sets of side seals once they are ready. Thanks.

The fuzzy is original, I'm not sure of exactly the function other, as it seals nicely without. Still working on the side targa seals.
db9146
I suspect that the "fuzz" is there to account for the movement that occurs between the roof and the targa bar to prevent any squeaks.
Mikey914
QUOTE(db9146 @ Dec 5 2007, 06:28 PM) *

I suspect that the "fuzz" is there to account for the movement that occurs between the roof and the targa bar to prevent any squeaks.

I haven't noticed any squeaks, but my seal is slightly larger than factory.
Mikey914
I've got the fabrication down so that I can produce these faster. You will notice the price has been reduced.
Thanks,
Mark
Mikey914
NEW PRICING!!!!
Comes with installation instructions
amallagh
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 11 2008, 06:20 AM) *

NEW PRICING!!!!

Where do you advertise these with the prices ?
Mikey914
QUOTE(amallagh @ Jan 11 2008, 03:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 11 2008, 06:20 AM) *

NEW PRICING!!!!

Where do you advertise these with the prices ?

Ebay - Had some go for as much as $96, starting bid is $45
Mikey914
I have raised the price on this seal to match another vendor's pricing. I'm not trying to undercut his pricing to hurt his business and ask that you evaluate
each seal upon it's merrits and decide for yourself.

Fo those of you that have been in correspondance with me at the $35 pricing I will honor that price for you until the end of January.
-Mark
Mikey914
I have raised the price on this seal to match another vendor's pricing. I'm not trying to undercut his pricing to hurt his business and ask that you evaluate
each seal upon it's merrits and decide for yourself.

For those of you that have been in correspondance with me at the $35 pricing I will honor that price for you until the end of January.
-Mark
RON S.

FWIW,

To all,

I bought Mikes door and trunk seals last year,and they were a great product.

You all can't beat his prices & the quality of what he'll send you.

Everything looks right at home on the teener when installed.

Ron
tango-52
I need two. Sent you a PM.
RON S.

I got mine the other day,put it in and as usual, it looks great.

Thanks Again,

Ron
tango-52
My two arrived yesterday. I'll install them tomorrow. Thanks for the fast service. Looking forward to the side seals too.
eric914
What is the special price?
Mikey914
$40 shipped in US Priority mail.
Mikey914
Oops wrong one.
VaccaRabite
This seal does not look like it is on your website. Is it a World special? Or am I blind and it was on the website?
Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.