Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front alignment specs for street 914 - what are they?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914-8
I'm going to have a local alignment shop do the front. What are the front end alignment specs for a street 914?

It's lowered a bit, not outrageous (see pic), running 225.50/16, if that matters.

IPB Image

Joe Ricard
Something like 1 degree of camber and get the rear done too or it's just a waste of money.
Street should be 1/16" toe in. front
rear 1/32nd toe in rear.

With out having the rear wheels done too you will have funny handling issues
Rick_Eberle
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Nov 2 2007, 08:43 AM) *

Street should be 1/16" toe in. front
rear 1/32nd toe in rear.

What's that in degrees???

Or, where is it measured from? The rim? Or the tread?

Thanks,
anderssj
I had always heard that for a street car, you should have at least 1/2 tank of gas, plus the driver in the car, when you do the alignment. Reportedly, front toe changes with weight (the car toes in as it gets lighter--supposed to make it less sensitive to wind/bumps/etc.). If the alignment is done when the car is empty, you end up with less toe-in once you fill it up . . . .

May be OK for AX though . . . I think they use a little less toe for quicker turn-in.
Joe Ricard
No I use the same "amount of toe" just happens to be Toe out.

Street car? who cares. Get it to go straight and be stable at 70-80 MPH.
Measurements are taken off the rim difference between front and back of rim on a 15" rim.

You could do the math to convert or be lazy like me and go to the tech articles on Pelican Parts.
John
Is this what you are looking for?

This is the stock settings:

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.