Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: made an onboard video today - but now I need help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
I took the day off to do my last teener-trip this season. It was so cold outside, that I had to keep the roof on. Even with a working heater it was too cold for my taste. But I wanted to use this wonderful day with perfect postcard weather ...
Anyhow, I decided to run one of these cool narrow twisty roads through our wonderful mountains. It was so wonderful that I thought it would be cool to do an onboard video. Without a co-pilote it was quite tricky, but I managed it holding the digicam with my left hand, pressing it against the dashboard, just left of the gauge combo. The other hand for steering, unfortunately no more hand to shift ... so I had to stay in the 2nd gear, and that's why it's pretty slow. My speed was at about 20~25 mph, but more would have been too risky ...
Maybe I could do a better video next season, with a passenger for the video thing and myself for the driving driving.gif

Well then, my current problem is: I have a 9 min video at 320x200 ... which is about 100 MB ... and I have no idea how to compress it to a reasonable size.
So, could anybody help me with this?
Here's the original video: let's twist again biggrin.gif

bye1.gif Gustl
jonferns
no way that you can anchor the camera to the dash?
Gustl
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Nov 2 2007, 11:37 PM) *
no way that you can anchor the camera to the dash?

not yet - maybe next season confused24.gif
jonferns
like by using some sort of strap...
wobbletop
Try using this to compress the video....

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
rhodyguy
i don't know the ins and outs of how the video thing works other than my software does not support the AVI format.
gregrobbins
Nice road. Looks like a fun day. Thanks for posting.
Gustl
QUOTE(wobbletop @ Nov 3 2007, 05:09 AM) *
Try using this to compress the video....

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

I played around with this software for about 2 hrs today, but I didn't get to a result.
I'm afraid that I'm way too stupid for this video thing sad.gif

sorry unsure.gif
Cevan
I would suggest getting a video editing program. With that, you can edit the raw video and then author it (compress it and save it in what ever format you want). I did a little filming in my car and used a tripod with the legs fully compressed. It worked pretty good. BTW, 320x200 sounds like a strange format. Are you sure it isn't 320x240?
Gustl
QUOTE(Cevan @ Nov 3 2007, 08:00 PM) *
BTW, 320x200 sounds like a strange format. Are you sure it isn't 320x240?

oooops - you're correct
it's 320x240 rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.