Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: November Coffee @ Warner Robins, GA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MiddleGACruiser
Cars and Coffee at Atlanta Bread Company in Warner Robins, GA

This month, November, a few folks from the Atlanta area have shown interest in visiting us rural folks in middle Georgia. Because of the Thanksgiving holiday the next week, I decided to move the meeting to Nov 17th @ 8:30 AM.

A couple of different ideas have been brought up and I'm willing to do either. They both start for the middle Georgia folks at Atlanta Bread Company in Warner Robins @ 8:30 AM.

One idea is for everyone to meet for coffee in Warner Robins and oogle at cars for a while, then take off on an interesting drive to the Museum of Aviation in Warner Robins next to Robins AFB. Lunch should probably be planned into this one at sometime.

The other idea is for the middle Georgia folks to meet at Atlanta Bread Company @ 8:30 AM for coffee then drive to Milledgeville, GA to meet up with the Atlanta folks for lunch.

As I said, I'm game for either plan. While I know middle Georgia pretty well, I'm not real familiar with Milledgeville outside of a nice little coffee shop on the main drag. So, anyone know a good spot to meet up in Milledgeville? Feel free to chime in.

Atlanta Bread Company, Warner Robins is at
2624 A Watson Blvd.
Warner Robins, Georgia 31093
McMark
Sounds like fun. beer3.gif then driving.gif then burger.gif

But I think I'll be missing this one.... or if I leave now... idea.gif
blitZ
If I'm going to drive to Milledgeville I may as well drive to Macon, it's about the same distance. How about Jackson, it's about the halfway point. I did a search for diner's, this place might work.

Buckner's
904svo
icon_bump.gif
MiddleGACruiser
I've been to Buckners and it's a great place to eat. I'd call it the epitome of southern food and hospitality. The food is placed in the middle of the table on a large lazy susan and you take what you want. Family style. 51.gif
Al Meredith
Jeff, I was in Daytona for the Rennsport III and just got back. I haven't had a chance to speak to some of the Atlanta folks yet, But I see you heard from Les (blitz) and Larry (904svo). I would rather meet 1/2 way too, that way it will be easier to get a group together. Lets keep this post up there and hope we hear from bigkat , D1A3, ventilator01 in Thomaston, shadygrady in Rome, krazykonrad in Macon, warrenporsche in Winston, Ga , and anyone else. AL
Al Meredith
Anybody in Georgia interested ?? al
MiddleGACruiser
Thanks for the bump Al.
Regardless of the interest level, I'll be at the Atlanta Bread Company once a month for coffee and conversation. I usually have a paper to read in case no one shows and I try to wear a Porsche or 914 hat to help me stand out to those that do. If the weather is bad I drive something that doesn't rust, but I'll be there. I normally shoot for the 3d Saturday of the month but sometimes I have to change the date due to some conflict. Look for the post of the date or PM me around the beginning of the month if you need to know which day I'll be there. As always, everyone is welcome and you don't have to be in a Porsche.
blitZ
I'd be up for a caravan to Jackson, if anyone else wants to join in. driving.gif
MiddleGACruiser
Atalnta Bread Company @ 8:30 AM is still the meeting place for the Warner Robins folks. It looks like Buckner's (near Jackson) will be the meeting place for lunch at about 11:30 AM. I mapped a country road route between Warner Robins and Buckner's but I'm willing to change it to add anyone's favorite road. Anyone have a favorite road between here and there?

PM me if you plan on going so I can get a head count for Buckners.

Al, are you putting together a meeting place and route for the Atlanta folks?
icon_bump.gif
shadygrady
This would be fun, but I have to make the trip to Macon today for a wedding. I don't think I will be able to go again next week. sad.gif

I will keep the Saturday morning meeting date in mind when I plan my future southern trips. My boss is in Macon and we have a grand child in Valdosta, so we go that way a lot.

Hope you all have a great trip.
Al Meredith
bump any interest?
BIGKAT_83
Think I'll do the full tour.........Warner Robbins in the morning and jackson for lunch.

Bob
904svo
I'm in if Al's will take me.
DNHunt
Wish I could join you folks. I sure enjoyed meeting you guys.

Dave
Al Meredith
If we meet in Warner Robins for breakfast at 9:30 we have to leave about 6:30. If we are all up for it I say its a go. Al

Lets share some cell #s so we can link up on I75. mine is 770-616-3767
blitZ
Maybe we could meet somewhere just south of town? I'll have an open seat, if anyone wants a ride.
MiddleGACruiser
Ok, I talked with Al Meredith and together we came up with a plan with times. The plan has 2 choices and anyone can do either or both.

This choice is for those who live close enough to Warner Robins that an early morning meeting time works into their schedule. The plan is to meet up in Warner Robins at the Atlanta Bread Company at 8:30, chat, have coffee, etc. then leave at 9:30 for the drive to Buckner's near Jackson, Georgia. The route is about 90 miles and should take about 2 hours with one stop for gas or facilities for an arrival time of about 11:30 at Buckner's Restaurant

The second choice is for those who want to join in and live farther out, or would otherwise prefer to meet later in the day, to meet us at Buckner's at 11:30 for lunch and car talk. That way if you're coming from Atlanta, Savannah, Columbus, etc. you can leave home at a reasonable time, meet up with a bunch of 914 folks, eat a bunch of great southern food, and check out cars.

Buckners Address:1168 Bucksnort Rd, Jackson, GA
Buckner's Phone: (770) 775-6150

Link to Buckners information:
http://www.mytravelguide.com/restaurants/r...ll_reviews.html

Atlanta Bread Company address: 2624 A Watson Blvd.
Warner Robins, Georgia
Atlanta Bread Company phone: (478) 329-9111

I'll bring maps for those leaving from Warner Robins but here's a copy of the route we plan to take and a copy of the location of Buckner's in relation to I-75. The numbers are there because they show up on MS Streets and Trips and I have no idea how to remove them.

Anyone who would like my number can PM me and I'll send it. I'll check this site every few hours between now and when I leave my place on Saturday morning.
blitZ
Looks like a nice route for the drive from Warner to Jackson. Do you have a turn by turn description? I'd hate to get lost in rural Georgia, you know where the only radio station you can find is playing that banjo music from Deliverance.
MiddleGACruiser
I don't have a turn-by-turn description right now but I'll have them with the maps on Saturday morning. I'll put them in my banjo case so I don't forget them. tooth.gif
Al Meredith
I'm going to meet at Buckners at 11:30. See you all there AL
Al Meredith
bump !
BIGKAT_83
Won't be able to make it this weekend, Got to go to work. Its off to the coal mine.

Thanks........
MiddleGACruiser
Last update. I'll have 5 copies of turn by turn directions with me for the folks taking the run from Warner Robins to Buckners. If you're leaving from Warner Robins and haven't told me, leave a reply here or PM me and I'll make sure you have directions. See y'all tomorrow.
904svo
Be there with Al.
blitZ
I'll be in WR for breakfast, then off to Buckners. Doing the Full Monty.
904svo
I would like to say I had a great time there!
I can only hope that there will be another
one soon so we can get together again.

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
blitZ
Always nice meeting new people. Jeff and I had a nice drive through the back roads with the fall leaves changing. We'll have to do this more often.
Ga Dan
That was a good lunch, I enjoyed the company, and all the talk, even if I was lost at times blink.gif I enjoyed the ride with Les also, he did a good job building his 2056, nice power yikes.gif

Maybe once it warms up again more people would like to get together for some lunch and show off their rides red914.jpg and also would enoy seeing 904svo show off his little beauty aktion035.gif

Anyways: Thanks Jeff for putting this together beer3.gif driving.gif 51.gif

See you next time for Coffee coffee.gif

Dan flag.gif
Al Meredith
We'll have a better turnout next time we do this, Timing was a lottle short to contact all the usual suspects. Great time Al
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.