Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New York Times 914 article
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pfierb
The Sunday 11/4/07 New York Times automobile section has a good article on the Porsche 914 with pictures titled "The Peoples Porsche" This is good recognition for our cars it is a positive article for the most part.
McMark
Here's a link. I'm reading it now...

Holy crap, we're mentioned! boldblue.gif
Hammy
Porschephiles tend to see the 914 as a mutt. The 914 sullied the Porsche brand by some distinct, if immeasurable amount. VW fans for some reason don’t seem especially eager to lay claim to the 914 either.

laugh.gif I love the mutt, bastard child part.
Pat Garvey
"Mutt" huh? "Bastard child" huh?

Sounds like the people who hated the Dino to me.

Watch us roar!
Dr Evil
I love the "dependable British sports car" part av-943.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
"....zippy shape....." huh.gif uh, not what I'd call 914 architecture. Spare, austere, restrained maybe, ....but "zippy"?

Overall, I'd say it was a moderately flattering piece, with a fine mention of "our World" clap56.gif
degreeoff
Rock on....and a link for the site to boot!! VENDORS ready your posts!

Josh
highways
Great, now I'm going to have to get some fancier jackstands. chair.gif
ConeDodger
Great! A New York Times article. Now I will have to guard this pile of crap 914 parts *someone* left on the back part of my property because the 914 is a classic or something!!!
Mid_Engine_914
QUOTE(highways @ Nov 3 2007, 10:48 PM) *

Great, now I'm going to have to get some fancier jackstands. chair.gif

LMAO. laugh.gif
Mid_Engine_914
QUOTE(pfierb @ Nov 3 2007, 05:59 PM) *

The Sunday 11/4/07 New York Times automobile section has a good article on the Porsche 914 with pictures titled "The Peoples Porsche" This is good recognition for our cars it is a positive article for the most part.

I think the article was great because it went into some detail about the history and design of the car plus it mentioned the connection to the 917. smilie_pokal.gif

DNHunt
Pretty fair article I think. Someone with no knowledge of the car might decide to look into it after reading it so it might spur some interest. Maybe a few more hits here. Anybody that likes the car probably will applaud the article. Anyone who doesn't like the car isn't going to change their mind.
dflesburg
According to Ferry's Autobiography "We at Porsche" I believe many of the stated facts in this article are inaccrurate... But any publicity is good publicity... especially claiming that even 4 cly cars can be worth over 20k...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.