Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 koni's?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
Hey fellas,

I was taking apart my 911 front suspension to rebuild it. I pulled the strut cartridges and they are koni Red's. I have koni reds in my 914, but they dont look like these. these i can hear fluid in them when i tip them over, they dampen...but dont rebound. huh.gif , are these the "old school" koni's where you have to compress them to adjust, unlike the new ones with knobs on them? they look brand new, and have brand new koni bump stops (rubber things).

Thanks guys... mueba.gif
fuch toy
Different inserts, for differnet struts even though they bolt up to the 914. They are rebuildable and warreteed....to the original buyer. Sorry Charlie..... sad.gif
Eric_Shea
they dampen...but dont rebound
They won't unless they're gas... and they're not. You'll have to manually rebound which is almost impossible if they are on the hardest setting.

are these the "old school" koni's where you have to compress them to adjust, unlike the new ones with knobs on them?
Probably, I believe all Konis are adjustable (at least all the ones made for those struts are). Push them down all the way and turn the shaft until you hear/feel a click. Turn completely counterclockwise (me believes) to bring them to full loose. You should be able to manually rebound them in that configuration.

Check for leaks, otherwise they sound like they're in fine shape. Check out www.konina.com for an address. I believe they'll revalve them for $55.00. I know quite a few people that use the 911 inserts in 914's. In fact, they (Koni NA) were a little clueless when I called about the same thing. You may have to dig deep in the CS department to find someone who knows what you want.
TimT
I have a brand new set of koni inserts. They were installed, but have 0 miles on them p/n 86-1647. Lemme know if intersted.
Andyrew
Koni reds have to be adjusted old school, yes, I had to adjust my 911 inserts when I was putting them in, I put it about middle, its a harsh ride. Full hard it wont rebound withought a good deal of effort. I had one koni that didnt want to stop on full, so I had to do it by ear.. or hand..

Andrew
Aaron Cox
i dont need struts...any one interested in them???? they are apparently near new from the guy i boght them from. yes they do "click"when I adjust them, and they are all the way down.
Eddie Williams
I think those are the ones for early 911 M or 914 struts. I need the ones for 911 S Koni struts.
Aaron Cox
yes. they are off an M setup
Andyrew
How much you want for em out of curiosity? Ive got m struts..

Andrew
Andyrew
Well if you think there new then your going to want something close to new! I think i'll buy some tires instead wink.gif

Andrew
Aaron Cox
nah....im open to pretty much anything.... i'll take 100 bucks OBO
Andyrew
tires
Aaron Cox
ok...thenn. anyone else remotely interested? 100 OBO

p/n 82R 1647 "special D"
bernbomb914
They will bring that on ebay. several have just sold for $ 125-150.00

Bernie
Aaron Cox
thanks bern. im giving the clubbers a first shot at them wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.