Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Service cover that won't scratch for $7.00
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PRS914-6
Some may think this cheesy but it works great. With black paint, EVERYTHING scratches but I needed something to work on the engine. Vinyl and other methods leave small scratches.

You can buy a 36 pack of micro-fiber towels for $13.00 at Costco. My wife sewed 14 towels together in minutes and had the following protection for my paint. There are enough towels to make two. I hold the top portion down with a couple of magnets

It's light and washable......and won't break the bank. You can add more or less towels to suit your needs.
Click to view attachment
swood
...Group buy?? smile.gif
GWN7
Lets see....$800 to $1000 for the sewing machine..............

Dinner, drinks & movies to woo a prospective wife.....birthday & holiday presents over the dating period...........

Cost of a divorce attorney when she finds out you wanted her to sew something............

Cheaper to just get it painted every couple years smile.gif
Bartlett 914
Not too bad!

Better is to let Garold's mother sew one. The one Garold sells won't break the bank either. It is the best I have seen. I use mine all the time. Magnets hold it in place and it is thick enough to protect the car a little better.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Nov 5 2007, 09:37 AM) *

Not too bad!

Better is to let Garold's mother sew one. The one Garold sells won't break the bank either. It is the best I have seen. I use mine all the time. Magnets hold it in place and it is thick enough to protect the car a little better.

hijacked.gif

Thanks for the plug Mark. Mom is working on a new style that I hope will be ready before X-mas. I will let you guys know more when it is ready.

PRS914-6
Yep, I have seen what "Mom" makes and it's a good deal for a heavy duty cover. Unfortunately anything but a microfiber would scratch my paint. Even a brand new cotton towel leaves marks. It's the high and annoying cost of owning a black car..

The microfiber towels makes a cheap alternative for expensive paint jobs and was not meant in any way to knock the quality of "Moms" cover. Just different needs for different people. If I thought the vinyl covers wouldn't leave a mark on black I would have bought one in a heart beat.

Click to view attachment
euro911
QUOTE(swood @ Nov 4 2007, 07:32 PM) *

...Group buy?? smile.gif
laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.