Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Neat autocross video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Demick
Hey guys. Here's a neat video taken at the last GGR Autocross at Candlestick. The camera is set up at a corner and the video shows a few dozen cars and the lines that they take through the corner. It's pretty interesting to watch.

www.momentarylaps.com/videos/autocross_hill_turn.rm

About halfway through, our own Bill Pickering gives a very good demonstration of how not to take that corner!

Demick
nine14cats
Hi Demick,

I was using all of the track! laugh.gif

That's pretty neat....I've got the in car videos, but I should set up a camera on a corner during the morning and see which line you and Andrew Blyholder are taking.... cool.gif

Bill P.
Demick
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Dec 30 2003, 02:33 PM)
I was using all of the track! laugh.gif

Ha Ha. I thought maybe you were going to try and pawn that spin off on your wife (say she was driving).

Take a look at your entry speed for that corner. You came in wayyyyy too fast! Makes for good video though!

Demick
Mueller
Demick,

What viewer is for .ram movies?
redshift
hehe

He beat 'em in the straights! Nice!

Fun vid, thanks! Are all those in sequence?

Mueller, Real Player

M
nine14cats
You mean I can't take that turn flat out in 2nd gear? blink.gif .... laugh.gif

Maybe the new wing on the car will keep that from happening....yeah right... mueba.gif

Bill P.
redshift
Hey Bill, you need a harder frontend..

laugh.gif

M
Demick
QUOTE(redshift @ Dec 30 2003, 02:47 PM)
Fun vid, thanks! Are all those in sequence?

I didn't take the video or edit it. But no, I don't think they are in sequence (notice that all of the spins have been grouped together).

Demick
seanery
nice spin Bill! No cones LOL!
nine14cats
laugh.gif Yeah....almost as good as when I went through the timing trap backwards after spinning through the box at the end of a run....didn't hit any cones and I drove out of the exit lane to the guy at the timing slips backwards.... smile.gif

hey....do I detect a trend here in my driving style...I kept wondering why the car was hard on tires....

Bill P.
scottb
ok, never done ax but now i must....

once all the snow, ice, frozen shit is gone....... smile.gif
Jeroen
QUOTE(Mueller @ Dec 31 2003, 12:46 AM)
What viewer is for .ram movies?

"Real" player format...

cheers,

Jeroen
Air_Cooled_Nut
The Boxster looked good. But the video -- at least at the end -- looked like it was slowed down huh.gif
Andyrew
Anyone know when this was? I dont remember there being a GGR autox at 3com for a month or more...

Andrew
redshift
QUOTE(Demick @ Dec 30 2003, 07:01 PM)
I didn't take the video or edit it. But no, I don't think they are in sequence (notice that all of the spins have been grouped together).

Demick

Thanks Demick, it appeared due to editing that everyone was pissed off at some guy not caught on the recording, and trying to catch up..

laugh.gif

M
Randal
If you go to www.real.com you can download the player for free. Be sure to click on the "free" player that is below "Account" in the upper right hand corner; otherwise they'll try to sell you a 14 day trial.

Bill --- Your driving was great. Always a pleasure to watch someone pushing the limit!

To bad more of the PCA folks didn't show up for the last LPR AutoX and see the great back-to-back competition at the end. Now that was a fun venue that I know everyone there enjoyed.

Next year I'm going to build (a course) and rules that allow the top 5 or 10 to go after each other at the end. Should be fun.
ChrisReale
Who was driving the blue 914 with the maroon hood? Was that a V8 conversion?
Demick
Blue 914 with rust colored hood was Andrew Blyholder. Very fast and smooth. He has stripped that car down to the minimum (probably 1700lbs). Has a 2.0 four with carbs. No alternator, no cooling fan (has some small electric fans - only good for autocross due to lack of cooling). He is always a contender for top time of day.

Sounded like he was having engine problems in all but the first time by the camera.

Demick
Brad Roberts
clap56.gif clap56.gif Great video. It appears only about 3-4 people had a decent line thru there.

It also appears these people where spinning the cars because they where on the brakes after turn in .. anyone else see that ?

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.