Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I actually put something back together!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hwgunner
Well I had a productive weekend working on the car. Usually I find myself taking most things apart, when it comes to my 914, and never getting them back together. This weekend was different however. First off I installed new rear shock top bushings. They are a monoball design and work great. this however required that i fix my rear cilover set-up which was bad on the passenger side. I got a new coilover kit from RSR and some 200# Eibach springs. Was way easier to do than i figured. Also replaced the rear sway bar ball tip bushings, all 4. And, finally, I re-installed my header after doing some engine cleanning and oil leak searching. Re-installing the header was the hardest part just because, at almost 40, I can't twist up like a pretzel anymore. I think that I have figured out that the oil leak is a pressure leak at high RPM. I started the car in a new spot so i could see any new oil and let her idle for a long time. No dripps at all. I then went and did a little high RPM throttle play and found oil "splattered" on the ground. there were about 6 or 7 drips all within about a 6 inch circle and you could see that the drips were oval shape on the ground as if they had been thrown down to the ground at an angle.

Here is a pic of the rear chock problem.
hwgunner
Another of the shock problem.
hwgunner
Here is a pic of the new coilover set up. It uses a nice 2.25" spring.
hwgunner
Another of the coilover set up.
TravisNeff
those top mounts are the shit! For your shock problem I normally zip tie the spring to the hat (on my hats they have a hole for this).
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Nov 4 2007, 08:37 PM) *

those top mounts are the shit! For your shock problem I normally zip tie the spring to the hat (on my hats they have a hole for this).

agree.gif

zip tie the spring to the top hat, so when the car is in the air, the spring will always seat correctly on lowering.
markb
I'll believe you put it back together when I actually see it driving down the road, and not a second before. poke.gif

av-943.gif
hwgunner
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Nov 4 2007, 08:37 PM) *

They were zip tied but the zips broke on that side at some point. Not to mention, it is a race car and takes a lot of abuse. The new set up allows the hat to come down over the shock and then ride up when you lower the car so I will just make sure that it is seated properly before lowering.
hwgunner
QUOTE(markb @ Nov 5 2007, 12:46 AM) *

I'll believe you put it back together when I actually see it driving down the road, and not a second before. poke.gif

av-943.gif

How do you think you got that $300.00 check?? Give it back!!!!! KMA.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.