Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UPDATE - another SoCal BBQ - November 17th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ahdoman
Hey all,
This month is my birthday as well as Rick's (2-Oh) and our wives asked us what we wanted to do for our birthdays. Of course we told them a 914 party beerchug.gif ! So it's official; Saturday, November 17th at my place in Santa Clarita. (For those of you who don't know where Santa Clarita is we're up by Magic Mountain only across the valley to the east off the 14 fwy).

Here's the plan for the drive;
We will meet around 8:30 and hopefully be moving by 9am.
From the 5 fwy exit “Lake Hughes Rd” go east. We’ll meet along Lake Hughes Rd. about ½ mile down on the right (In front of the boat yard before the hill)...
Click to view attachment

The drive will end at my house probably around 11ish. We'll be supplying the BBQ, food and drinks. If you're a musician bring your acoustic whatever. I'll have my quiver of instruments available as well so maybe we can get Clayton to show us one of those urban tribal dances he does av-943.gif . I do have a garage, tools and available jackstands if anybody needs to do some minor fixin' (sorry, no lift).

Here's my best guess at who we're expecting. If I missed your name or you are just reading this for the first time please feel free to come on by. There will be plenty of food and fodder.

Oh, and out of respect for the neighborhood, please keep it to 25.

Leaman - Heeltoe914
Daniel dlo914
Aaron
Clayton
Andy S
Allan & company - Headrage
Joe - Kapt. Kaos
Mark - Euro 911
Jim Hoyland
Mike D & some assorted non P-car persons
Rick 2-Oh
Dave B.
Rick - 914rick42
Mark B - Maroooooooon!
Elliot
Jorge - narino
Gary Gartner
Bill - Mr. Bill
Wes V
Carlos

Here's the address for the festivities. If you can't make the drive come on by. The BBQ is going to start around 11ish.

28469 Alder Peak Ave.
Canyon Country, Ca. 91387

...and if you get lost, call me 661-251-7686

Hope to see you here!

dlo914
idea.gif i could use a good drive n good food, put me down! That's gonna be a long drive from the San Gabriel Valley.
Aaron Cox
im a definite maybe
andys
Hey Steve,

Do you actually have to have a running 914 to attend? Or perhaps some volunteers to push it up the hill to your house?

Andys
ahdoman
QUOTE(andys @ Nov 5 2007, 01:34 PM) *

Hey Steve,

Do you actually have to have a running 914 to attend? Or perhaps some volunteers to push it up the hill to your house?

Andys

Andy,
I guess you have less than 2 weeks to finish your's... av-943.gif

Just bring pics...
Allan
Looks like my car will be ready.

I'm in... driving.gif
ahdoman
QUOTE(Headrage @ Nov 5 2007, 01:48 PM) *

Looks like my car will be ready.

I'm in... driving.gif

Hey Alan it will be good to finally meet. I just called Mike D. and cracked the whip on him to finish your car.
KaptKaos
I hope to have my car running this weekend. I am cautiously optimistic. smile.gif
euro911
I'll have to check with the fairy princess my wife cheer.gif to see if she's got other plans confused24.gif

Her 914 actually does run Steve laugh.gif
Twystd1
Aaron...... That might also be the evening we are having the yearly STF
as in "Shop Talk Forums" dinner. (ALL teeners invited)

Ya wanna kill 2 gigs in one day???

And we can drag Craig with us so at least somebody laughs at our sick ass humor.

We can take the red or white quad cabs...

And I will see if I still have a half Kilo of Grape seed extract to keep the old guys happy..... (and piss their wifes off)

Whatcha think my brothu from aduda mudder...??????????????

Claytonious....
Aaron Cox
my car might be done by then....

just carbs and bleeding the calipers....
andys
Guys/Gals,

In case you're *on the fence* about attending, Steve and Dawn are fantastic hosts. You don't want to miss this one!

Andys
jim_hoyland
I'm in- you are within AAA range biggrin.gif . Let me know what I can bring. beer.gif Looking forward to the cruise up there.

Jim
Allan
QUOTE(andys @ Nov 6 2007, 01:00 PM) *

In case you're *on the fence* about attending, Steve and Dawn are fantastic hosts. You don't want to miss this one!
Andys

Anything interesting for the rug-rats?

I'm planning on coming, but I was just wondering about making it as painless as possible.

My daughter is 12 btw... biggrin.gif
andys
Allen,

My daughter is 12 y/o and likes Porsches, so they can hang out.

Andys
Mike D.
I'm in! Gotta tweek on the carbs a bit before then, but hey I've always got the back up Porsche smile.gif

Anyone mind if I invite a couple of non-P cars along?
ahdoman
Hey all,
Andy & Allan bring up a couple of good points. You are more than welcome to bring rug rats, family and significant others. The backyard is plenty big and full of adventure for the pre-teens.

Mike; Non-P cars are welcome as long as you supervise and clean up after them.
jim_hoyland
piratenanner.gif icon_bump.gif
ahdoman
Hey all,
Just putting together "the A list" for next Saturday. Here's who we got so far...

Leamon
Rick
Daniel - dlo914
Aaron Cox ?
Claytonovich ?
Andy S
Headrage - Allen & company
Kapt. Kaos
Euro 911 - Mark
Jim Hoyland
Mike D & assorted non-P cars
Rick 2-Oh
Dave
Elliot Cannon

Possibles...

Kojo2001 - Justin
Karaoke Carlos
Slits

RSVP is not required just trying to get a count for the food and drinks. I'll post AM drive details later.
2-OH!
Yippeeee !!!

Mike, you gotta fix that oil tank leak or you will run dry before you get there...Besides, the EPA will shut down Steve's neighborhood...Remember the Exxon Valdes, well we will just call you the Mike Valdes...

Save the pelicans....

2-OH!

ahdoman
Hey everybody - Here's just a couple of teaser pics I took today. I did the drive with Rick to make sure everything is open. Meeting time for the drive will probably be around 9am in Castaic. BBQ at my house starting around 11:00ish I'll post directions this week. Hope to see you all there.

Lake Hughes Road...
Click to view attachment

Spunky Canyon (my personal favorite)...
Click to view attachment

and finally Boquet Canyon...
Click to view attachment
KaptKaos
I am on the bubble. If I get my car running tomorrow, there is a chance I will be there Saturday. If not, it's not looking good.

I have soccer in the AM with my kids, and then I can head up. So if the pumpkin is running, I should be there smile.gif
Aaron Cox
i replaced a tie-rod end, and was going to bleed my brakes...

then i puked.
Stomach Flu Blows (chunks).
andys
Bouquet on a weekend is chancey; might get caught behind the fat old men on Harley's re-living their rebel youth laugh.gif

I was welding in some inner ear re-enforcements when Steve stopped by after his scouting drive. I'll soon post some photos of what I did. Anyway, Steve also delived some good news; a bridge burned out by the fires has been replaced with a steel constuction bridge, and will be open Monday. This will shorten my work commute by 15 minutes; Hurray!

Andys
914rick42
Hi guys,
I am new to this forum. If I show up in a Miata and promise to clean up after it, would that be o.k?
During the drive, will some if not all of you be going fast through the canyons, or just a nice scenic cruise.
I hope to get another 914 soon.
Thanks,
Rick driving.gif
Twystd1
Rick,

I won't speak for the others.....

But make sure you get you and your Mazda to this gig.....

More is better......

Clayton
914rick42
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Nov 10 2007, 11:57 PM) *

Rick,

I won't speak for the others.....

But make sure you get you and your Mazda to this gig.....

More is better......

Clayton

Thanks Clayton,
Rick
Heeltoe914

Well did someone say car talk day? driving-girl.gif

+1 maybe 2. But only if I get put on the A list? Thinking of uncovering the V6 914 why not.
Twystd1
Aw Hell.......

Leamon is coming....??????????

OK.. I bringing my other clown suite... the nice one without the ketchup stains. Uhhhhhhhhhhh I think it's ketchup.......

Leamon... Louie Largo says hello....!!!!!!!!!!!

Clayton
Mike D.
Leamon, that 914 v6 is FAST and UGLY! you should bring it and show us what it's all about! FUN

see you there
euro911
QUOTE(914rick42 @ Nov 10 2007, 11:50 PM) *
... If I show up in a Miata and promise to clean up after it, would that be o.k?

Thanks,
Rick driving.gif
One suggestion: I wouldn't park it anywhere near Brant's car if he were coming sad.gif
biggrin.gif

'Run what ya brung' ... welcome.png
ahdoman
QUOTE(914rick42 @ Nov 10 2007, 11:50 PM) *

Hi guys,
I am new to this forum. If I show up in a Miata and promise to clean up after it, would that be o.k?
During the drive, will some if not all of you be going fast through the canyons, or just a nice scenic cruise.
I hope to get another 914 soon.
Thanks,
Rick driving.gif

Rick,
Rumor has it that Mike D has invited some other non-P cars persons as well so you'll have company. Even if you drive a Ford Fairlane as long as your a 914 fan you're welcome!

In regards to the driving; we always obey the posted speed limits huh.gif and if you've ever driven the route we'll be taking you know that the posted speeds are sufficient for spirited canyon driving. I'm also going to designate a couple of re-group spots so we won't loose anyone. It should be too early in the AM for the yuppie hog riders. Besides, they all come the opposite way from Palmcaster.
Heeltoe914
I wont to be on the A LIST!!!! mad.gif

Thank you. biggrin.gif

Hellow Largo. Clayton can you still fit in the old clown suite...? eat drink, eat drink, eat drink.
ahdoman
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Nov 11 2007, 08:36 AM) *

I wont to be on the A LIST!!!! mad.gif

Thank you. biggrin.gif

Leamon - You ARE the "A list" leader! Did you really go and buy a Viper?
euro911
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Nov 11 2007, 08:24 AM) *
It should be too early in the AM for the yuppie hog riders. Besides, they all come the opposite way from Palmcaster.
Watch it Bucko ... shades.gif

laugh.gif
ahdoman
QUOTE(euro911 @ Nov 11 2007, 01:03 PM) *

QUOTE(ahdoman @ Nov 11 2007, 08:24 AM) *
It should be too early in the AM for the yuppie hog riders. Besides, they all come the opposite way from Palmcaster.
Watch it Bucko ... shades.gif

laugh.gif

Mark,
YUPPIE = YOUNG urban professional. Do you really think you qualify? Urban, yes. Young and Professional? blink.gif
Brando
Definite "maybe" as well. Weekend of my mother's birthday so I'll see if I can dump the present and run...
Twystd1
Brando,

I have personally experienced one of your dump and runs.

Your mom will have to repaint her bathroom.................

Twystd1
hwgunner
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Nov 11 2007, 05:39 PM) *

Brando,

I have personally experienced one of your dump and runs.

Your mom will have to repaint her bathroom.................

Twystd1
av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
ROTFLMAO X2
euro911
QUOTE(andys @ Nov 10 2007, 10:15 PM) *
Bouquet on a weekend is chancey; might get caught behind the fat old men on Harley's re-living their rebel youth laugh.gif ...
Andys

QUOTE(ahdoman @ Nov 11 2007, 02:55 PM) *
Mark,
YUPPIE = YOUNG urban professional. Do you really think you qualify? Urban, yes. Young and Professional? blink.gif

Well, now I'm totally cornfuzed unsure.gif ... which is it? ... Fat old men, or Yuppies WTF.gif
andys
QUOTE(euro911 @ Nov 11 2007, 09:26 PM) *

QUOTE(andys @ Nov 10 2007, 10:15 PM) *
Bouquet on a weekend is chancey; might get caught behind the fat old men on Harley's re-living their rebel youth laugh.gif ...
Andys

QUOTE(ahdoman @ Nov 11 2007, 02:55 PM) *
Mark,

Well, now I'm totally cornfuzed unsure.gif ... which is it? ... Fat old men, or Yuppies WTF.gif

That's easy. Yuppies are now old and fat, but they're still Yuppies.

Local Route 66 diner has a Harley thing TWICE a week. They're all there.

Andys
Brando
I'm out - too much going on that day.

Clayton - Bite me Ugly tongue.gif
narino

Sweet, I'll be there.

I will have to pass on the morning drive, but will limp on up from santa monica around noon.

want me to bring anything?

jorge
gary gartner
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Pictures taken a few years backthe lake pic has MikeDat the left, Howard's Suzie, the Dr. Dekman's don't remember who the signal orange belongs to, my white 57, Allan's(headrage) dk grey and another "I don't remember"
had a real fun run. the other 'artsey' one was in the treas at the Oaks resturant.

I'll do my best to get up there Sat.
thanks Steve for planning
Gary driving.gif
mrbill
Since I got my shift lever fixed last weekend I am looking for any excuse to take a drive. I'am in!

Maybe someone can show me how to fine tune twin carbs after the ride.

Thanks again.

Bill
ahdoman
QUOTE(mrbill @ Nov 13 2007, 10:02 AM) *

Since I got my shift lever fixed last weekend I am looking for any excuse to take a drive. I'am in!

Maybe someone can show me how to fine tune twin carbs after the ride.

Thanks again.

Bill

Hey Bill,
Hopefully there will be some of the best "carb tweakers" at the BBQ. If not you might have to settle for the "disciples" such as myself. I'll be posting details on the AM drive tomorrow.
euro911
Going to change the oil & filter in me wife's car tonight ... maybe get an electronic ignition module installed and transaxle fluid changed too (if time allows).

I keep thinking how nice it would be to finally drive a 914 to an event ... but then again, how would I know ... confused24.gif ...

laugh.gif

UPDATE: 11-14-07

Absolutely amazing ... the valve train is so much quieter since I replaced what was probably plain old 30-wt. with fresh Castrol 20/50 piratenanner.gif
2-OH!
Yippeee...

You guys are gonna miss out ifin you don't sign up...

2-OH!
markb
Looks like I'll be there +1. piratenanner.gif
Allan
If I bring a timing light and a few tools, can someone take a quick look at my timing for me before we set out on the run.

Also, if someone could bring a carb sync tool, that would be very cool... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.