Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Start!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bogaat
I got the engine all together and relocated the pump into the front trunk (nice access). I just completely rebuilt the motor, etc. Time for a break in...crank...dies. I advance the dizzy a little CCW from TDC and then it roars...and then dies. Getting some pretty serious backfiring etc and can't keep it going for a break in. I smell gas and notice a leak. One of the injector bodies is leaking gas. Oops. I ordered a new set of injectors (maybe overkill, but I am ready to get this going). Would the injector have cuased it to have such issues running? It is just the timing giving me issue? I completely replaced all hoses and checked all of the wiring in the harness. This is a 2.0 Djet. All thoughts are appreciated. The injectors will be here tomorrow, so I am looking for ideas. Thanks guys!
beer3.gif
SLITS
Backfiring ...

Valves to tight

Way off timing

Fuel system to lean

Leaking injector could lower fuel pressure but I don't think by that much. Pump has much more capability.

Others' opinions may vary.
Bogaat
QUOTE(SLITS @ Nov 5 2007, 02:29 PM) *

Backfiring ...

Valves to tight

Way off timing

Fuel system to lean

Leaking injector could lower fuel pressure but I don't think by that much. Pump has much more capability.

Others' opinions may vary.

How far (roughly) should I have to turn the dizzy from TDC to hit a sweet spot? I will obviously play with it tomorrow, but worth an ask...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.