Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone here shipped a 914 last week?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Ment to post this last Wednesday. Anyone here ship a 914 last week? I was at a Pilot truck stop in Burns Harbor Indiana on the morning of 10/31 filling up my truck on my way to Michigan to pick up a 75 parts car when I seen this car hauler pulling in with a 914 on it.

After I paid for the gas I went around back and talked with the driver. He said the owner bought it on ebay and was either shipping to Vegas or from, I don't remember anymore. I didn't climb on the trailer, but overall it didn't look to bad. It will need some body work. Not sure if it was a /6 or not.

Here are the pictures.

GaroldShaffer
Last picture
orthobiz
Fess up. Is that your red car in the first picture?

Paul
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Nov 5 2007, 08:32 PM) *

Fess up. Is that your red car in the first picture?

Paul

Um, no these are my rides. driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif w00t.gif

70 914 AX weapon
88 944 daily driver
06 Dodge Ram Quad cab (aka The Mule)
drgchapman
Hi, glad to see someone else using the U-Haul route to trailering the car. I used one three times this year, with great success. I don't need to store it, I don't use one much and they are a no brainer. I had the front wheel straps loosen up on one trip, caught it before a problem happened. Check the straps, every stop.
Nice car you have, isn't a/x fun! So are track days.....914's run gud!

Looks like a /6 to me. Early bumpers, appropriate Fuchs. Seat belts? Seems a little ragged for a /6, most people would take a little better care.....I would think.
slim72914
I think I saw this same car on a hauler in AZ last weekend. If not it one just like it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.