Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weight of tire/wheel combos...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
JP and I have been comparing weight of different tire/wheel combos....thought I'd share if anyone was interested.

7x15 Fuchs with 225 50 15 Hoosier RS03's = 34lbs each

7x15 BBS with 225 50 15 Kumhos = 43lbs each

7x15 Cookies with 23x9x15 Hoosier Slicks = 33lbs each

Anyone know what the new Dot-R Kumhos are supposed to weigh? I hear that the new RS04's are going to be at least 1lb heavier (I think they added a steel belt).

Bill P.
J P Stein
Bill:

I just double checked those weights, they are correct....my memory isn't all that bad, eh? The Hoosiers are now at 33, tho.....got some wear on em'.

205 X 50 Vracers on 7 in BBS......39 lbs....prolly 2/3rds tread left.

Humm....those cookies are light. I'll have to add those to my search for CHEEP wheels.

I saw a thingy in GRM some time back. Hoosiers A3SO3 vs Kuhmo Vracers in 205 X 50..... 21lbs for the Hoosiers, 22 lbs for the Kuhmo, IIRC.....the Hoosiers were 2 tenths quicker on a 45 sec course.
brant
bill, Jp:

help me with my math here...

how much does a bare hoosier weigh versus a bare slick?

In other words what would a hoosier on a cookie weigh?
(I want to compare the same tire on a fuchs versus cookie)

brant
machina
Tire weights sounded off to me. I know the hoosiers are much lighter than the kumhos.

Hoosier R3so3 is 20.6lbs
Kumho victoracer is 16.0lbs

(both in size 205/50/15)

I think the difference is the steel belts in the kumhos vs the nylon belts in the hoosier.

Don't know about the new tires yet.

dr
machina
Here is a link to porsche wheel survey. The cookie cutters are not on the list but I am pretty sure they are a few pounds heavier than the forged fuchs. I have 8 of them up in the loft, will try and weigh them later (15x7 size)

http://members.rennlist.org/911pcars/WheelWts.html

dr
nine14cats
Hi Brant,

You just lucked out...I have a new set of Hoosier slicks unmounted...a new set of Goodyear slicks unmounted...and I just scored a free set of cookies that I just picked up. That's my 5th set of cookies....hmmm...don't know how to break the news to the wifey...but they were free!

Here is what my digital bathroom scale says....

15x7 cookies = 12lbs each
23x9x15 Hoosier slick unmounted = 21 lbs each
23x9.5x15 Goodyear slick unmounted = 21 lbs each

JP will have to answer on the fuchs....

Bill P.
nine14cats
wow...the fuchs are 2lbs lighter than the cookies? I keep thinking of buying racing rims...then I see the price and compare it to the $50 each I paid for the cookies and I stop...I guess I'm a cheap SOB....

laugh.gif

Bill P.
brant
thanks guys... and nice link

brant
J P Stein
Bill:

You have 5 sets of cookies.....izat 20 wheels?.......Would you like to be my bestest friend? laugh.gif

Any chance I could pry just 4 of them away from you?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.