Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 901 S gears
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kckoch
E-bay has a listing for S gears, so I thought I would go to my stash and see what I have that looks like them.

Well from the pictures, mine look exactly like the ones in the pictures. In fact, I think I have two sets.

How do I tell what I have. Previous owner had all kinds of stashed goodies, mostof which I know. But when it comes to transmissions, I'm clueless.

I plan on a 915 trans anyway, so I'm just trying to figure out if someone can use them.

davep
Count the teeth on each gear of the pair. That will allow you to determine the code # of the pair. From there look up what the gears were used for.
Dr Evil
Special gears are useful to many. Unless you count the teeth you can not tell what you have. Here is a chart to give you count ideas. biggrin.gif
Cap'n Krusty
If they're "S" gears, they're from a 911 (or 912 box). If that's the case, they're ALL stamped with letter codes. Those codes are in the specs books for 911/912s.

The Cap'n
Aaron Cox
gotta count teeth.... (like on girls from bakersfield)
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Nov 7 2007, 12:10 AM) *

av-943.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 6 2007, 09:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Nov 7 2007, 12:10 AM) *

av-943.gif

w00t.gif
lotus_65
i was looking at those too, i have a buddy who said i should get some taller gears for my raby 2056.

you guys have an opinion on which ones i need?

thanks,
paul
jd74914
A bunch of people like using MSX on hopped up cars because that combination provides better acceleration. Do you want to be fast or quick?
lotus_65
oh yea, i guess that matters! i'm strictly noob on this, so~

he thought i should be geared taller, but that'll just get me mashing it more, right? it seems like the engine would be happier with longer runs, but i may not want that in 2nd and 3rd because i want as much torque as i can get in traffic.

basically, fast... highway star style. smoke.gif

thanks!
kckoch
So humor me here (I already said I don't know transmissions). Teeth count is 25 on small one and 34 on big one. So from the chart what do I have?
911quest
Looks like you have a mismatched set one froma 1st gear and the other from a 4th or 5th gear.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(kckoch @ Nov 15 2007, 08:28 PM) *

So humor me here (I already said I don't know transmissions). Teeth count is 25 on small one and 34 on big one. So from the chart what do I have?

Well, are you sure that those 2 go together? Do they fit together? That would at least let you know they were from complementary shafts. If you are not sure they go together then you may have part of 2 different gears. OR, they may be from a 911 tranny, but I do not know the 911 ratios off hand.
davep
http://members.rennlist.com/chuxter/901&915ratios.htm

from the chart you have nothing but two unmatched gears.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.