Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for some HELP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JBart
I had someone dail the carbs in I've checked the timing to the best of my know how and i've adjusted my valves and it still runs like stromberg.gif i feel i am just headbang.gif and i'm ready to just ar15.gif sawzall-smiley.gif and say screw it but i love driving it when it runs .

So if anybody lives in or near Lake Elsinore CA I'm willing to buy pizza and beer or sodas for any help I can get .

Thanks,
jbart
Brando
I live nearby.

Carbs?
JBart
Yeah carbs it a 72' 1.7 with dual 44's it ran good then just started going down hill slowly and now it just pops sputters and flat out doesn't want to run for nothing, Well it kinda runs

Thanks
jbart
roadster fan
Fuel pump?

Jim
craig downs
Wow 44s on a 1.7 is a little to big.
I would check to see if your idle jet are clogged
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Idle jets are my guess also,if 44's are in the same position as 40's ,on the side ,

they unscrew ,you just blow them out ,replace and that should correct the

problem. If it does I would wonder where the crap that pluged them came from?

Maybe a change in fuel filter is in order. The jets have a very small opening and

plug easly. Good luck keep us posted Dave slap.gif

Edit: I agree on 44's being to big for a 1.7, i have a 1.7 with 40's and love them.
rhodyguy
check your spark plugs to see if they are BLACK due to running rich.

k
Joe Ricard
Agreed the velocity is probably SOOOOOO slow through them carbs that you are running rich just to keep it running and progressively you are fouling out the plugs.

Change plugs and clean idle jets. try it some more.
Twystd1
I can probably come out and help you.

PM me your phone number.

Clayton
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.