Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: painted early bumper, never seen that before
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
echocanyons
this ebay 914 car seems to have a body color painted early rear bumper, I don't think I have seen that before (wrong year car though).
I suppose it could be fiberglass...

Just interesting to me so I thought I'd post it.

ebay 914
echocanyons
on second look I think it is a glass bumper.
So.Cal.914
When I got my 72 the 'Factory' painted (Same color as the car) bumpers had

been painted flat or semi-gloss black to match the rocker panels. Don't know if

the black was added after it got to the USA or before. I have seen early euro-

transplants here with the painted bumpers on cars that had not been repainted.
echocanyons
that is interesting Paul maybe I have seen some of the old adds with the body color bumpers.
I seem to remember the option of body color bumpers or chrome on the early cars. with dull gloss black being standard.
I know that I had a 74 with out the appearance options that had flat black bumpers.
roadster fan
I have body color painted bumpers on my 71, but I haven't got a chance to take one off and see if they are crappy chromes that got painted or the real deal. I think Sir Andy mentioned in a thread that they are a pretty rare item as most people ordered chrome. Oh, and the add says "lightweight front and rear bumpers", aka 'glass.

Jim
914Sixer
Early cars 70,71 and some 72 had body colored bumpers unless appearance package was ordered or chrome bumpers were specified. The sharp angle bumper in the picture was a 1970 model only.
johannes
This is painted fiberglass ... How could you explain that ?
Dave_Darling
MATLIS WHEELS ??
DELTORA CARBS

av-943.gif

--DD
brer
Never trust anyone who has a big sign that says "TRUST" anywhere in their shop.
TravisNeff
Holy smokes, it looks like my lawn furniture blink.gif
rwjames
I have never had any dealings with them, but from what I've heard, I would be careful.

They show an open 356 for sale on their website that is not for sale. It was temporarily in their possesion for a photo shoot for a magazine or something and they took those pictures and put them on their website showing the car for sale.

The owner has begged them to remove the photo's as the car is and has not been for sale. As far as I know, they still have photo's of his car on their site.

sheeplove.gif
TeenerTim
There are no seals for the front or rear trunk. You can see the empty channels. idea.gif
914-8
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Nov 7 2007, 08:59 AM) *

MATLIS WHEELS ??
DELTORA CARBS

av-943.gif

--DD

Del Toro, that would be fitting for that seller.
Richard Casto
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Nov 6 2007, 11:30 PM) *

When I got my 72 the 'Factory' painted (Same color as the car) bumpers had

been painted flat or semi-gloss black to match the rocker panels. Don't know if

the black was added after it got to the USA or before. I have seen early euro-

transplants here with the painted bumpers on cars that had not been repainted.

My Irish Green 72 does not have the appearance package and the bumpers are body colored. Well actually they were until a PO painted the outside black. The inside is still body colored. When I repaint the car they are going back to body color. It seems you never see body color bumpers.
tdgray
OMHFG.... that car just screams... "HEY LOOK somebody screwed with me big time"

Those seats... the seals... missing speaker enclosures... stupid fuse block (I think) with ratty wiring in the engine compartment... no center caps and scratched up wheels... the list goes on and on.

I can polish a stromberg.gif but it still a stromberg.gif

$7,100... whoever is bidding on that is freakin nuts blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.