Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weber IDF rebuild article in Hot VW's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
Every few years Hot VW's magazine does a Weber rebuild article. This time it is better than usual. The photos are all in color and there are 37 step by step photos. Very straight forward and easy to follow.

Pick in up at a Border's near you.
zig-n-zag
I'm in the process of rebuilding a set of 40 IDF's and when it came to setting the floats, the sketch in CB's Weber Tech Manual differ from my John Passini authored Weber Carburators Tuning and Maintenance. I have other references but the point is that the CB sketch show the float at 10mm from the carb cover and then it shows you ADD 32.5mm for the low float measurement. The Passini sketch shows the 10mm distance from cover to float, and 32.5mm distance from the cover to the low float position. The CB info would put the float 42.5mm from the carb cover!!!!!! Them CB MX's must have deep fuel bowls.....
cooltimes
Maybe this is a link you could use.
http://www.carburetorclinic.com/setup.htm
zig-n-zag
Cooltimes, Thanks I've visited there before. I won't say the info in the CB Weber Tech Manual is wrong concerning the float measurement in the down position, I will say I'm not using that measurement provided in the CB Weber Tech Manual.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.