Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: books on 1.7 FI...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
slackin' at work
Im doing the odd-ball thing... Im planning on putting the FI back in my 72.

I worked on my old 914, 8 years ago, and know the general workings/layout but it was all ready installed.

this car has nothing left. not even the fuel pump.
Ive started to hunt down the parts and have most of them (I believe) for the swap... I know I need the fuel pump and distributer/trigger points if anyone has these laying around.

I would like to find a good resource for me to figure it all out. any recomendations?

any FI gurus in the VA area?

thanks in advance.
-chris

beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif
blitZ
Lots of good dJet info on the P.B. Anders site:

P.B. Anders Djet Guide

Name corrected.
dfwteenerpr
The Banders site is invaluable!

and here's another http://www.rennlist.com/techarticles/djetronicfuel.htm

There was an excellent Volvo page that had diagrams of all the internal workings of the systems too. Lot's of great stuff on the Web, no books necessary.

Is your 72 a 1.7 or 2.0?
Bleyseng
Its all pretty simple to do if you find all the parts.

New 1.7 injectors can be had from BusDepot and thats a must have.

AAR valves are hard to find but it will run without one.

This is the best place for help on Djet as several of us know it well. bye1.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(blitZ @ Nov 7 2007, 06:11 AM) *

Lots of good dJet info on the Banders site:

Banders Djet Guide

Uhhhhh, Les .............. ? That's P.B. Anders, not "Banders". I'm sure Brad would appreciate links to his site being correctly identified. Maybe you could get the link corrected so it doesn't become one of those internet "facts". The Cap'n
type47
where are you in VA? there are several 914'ers in the NOVA area and we'd probably love to do an engine drop and FI install! root has a 1.7 FI motor, pinetreeporsche has a 1.7 he is working on, several have D-jet motors, all like to eat donuts and drink beer..... (see the "Sterling meet" thread on the gathering we had mid october)
slackin' at work
QUOTE(type47 @ Nov 7 2007, 11:37 AM) *

where are you in VA? there are several 914'ers in the NOVA area and we'd probably love to do an engine drop and FI install! root has a 1.7 FI motor, pinetreeporsche has a 1.7 he is working on, several have D-jet motors, all like to eat donuts and drink beer..... (see the "Sterling meet" thread on the gathering we had mid october)

Im in Charlottesville.
I may just take you up on the help.
Im in the very preliminary research/parts-hunt phase. Im thinking this is a good dead-of-winter project.

beerchug.gif
Hammy
I just got through reverting back to FI. The most helpful were this site, the PB Anders page and pelicanparts.com diagrams. There is a wealth of information here, just search or ask/post questions yourself.
JeffBowlsby
There are a few excellent D-Jet 1.7L manuals on my webpage herere too...all free.

http://members.rennlist.com/914_collectibles/RareDocs.htm

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.