Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914/6 project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
autohausdolby
Sorry for the complete lack of progress recently - here's the latest update (it's a bit crap I'm afraid)

The car is sat in the garage here at Autohausdolby towers waiting to go back down to the workshop. My 16 valve Mk1 Golf (Rabbit to you guys) has got to be done first and it's taking longer than I wanted as the quality of the project comes accidentally going up :smile.gif

It's got a roof and a dashboard now, and the homologated FIA appendix K approved Safety Devices roll cage is sat on the bench at work.

IPB Image

This is the next area for work on the car - the e-coating showed a bit of an issue on the inner wing next to the oil tank. The engine bay side tray needs replacing on this side as it is a bit iffy next to the bulkhead and I mullered it drilling a weird bracket thing off the top when I was in a rush to get it ready for e-coating.

IPB Image
McMark
Finish up that 'modern' VW so you can get back to working on the REAL VW. av-943.gif
Root_Werks
It's naked! w00t.gif I love seeing a stripped/flared 914.
jd74914
Wow, its looking good!

Now you have to post pictures of your Rabbit biggrin.gif I love Mk. I's drooley.gif
autohausdolby
It looks like this at the moment - it was due in for paint at the start of the week, but it missed that appointment. Next shot at it is Saturday after next - fingers crossed!

IPB Image

After the top coats are on it's windows in, wheels on and done!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.