Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yo B! What do I gots here?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
swood
I think they came from you to another clubber. Konis for the rear and 140# springs.

Can you tell if they're adjustable or not or if I can just yank the old ones (same color, but hecho in mexico) out and put these in? Not sure if I need anything else.

Thanks.

Steve
swood
Aaron Cox
drifter jay has some orange/red boge's on his car with a non adjustable perch that looks just like that....
SirAndy
QUOTE(swood @ Dec 30 2003, 06:41 PM)
ICan you tell if they're adjustable or not

i don't see any adjustements ...

Andy
Eric_Shea
Look like older Koni's. Boge's (usually) have a yellow zinc cap on the top. If they're either they'll say so right on the side...
Eric_Shea
Britney avatar... "fun facts" her old guitar player is a teener owner. He's now playing with Justin.
Eric_Shea
i don't see any adjustements

Dampening is adjustable. Push down on the rod all the way and turn until you feel a click... twist away.
Korijo
The older Reds adjust by pushing the shaft all the way in, and twist the housing left or right to stiffen or soften.

I dunno which way is which blink.gif
Eric_Shea
I dunno which way is which

If they're Koni's there will be an arrow stamped on the side that says "Heavier". I believe it's counter clockwise to soften and clockwise to tighten.
swood
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 30 2003, 07:56 PM)
I dunno which way is which

If they're Koni's there will be an arrow stamped on the side that says "Heavier". I believe it's counter clockwise to soften and clockwise to tighten.

They're Konis. Heavy D is stamped on it. I do see an arrow pointing to the right and below it is stamped Heavier.

Starting to make sense. Since I know zip, do you set them before installation or after? I suppose you'd crank them both evenly to start and then work your way hard or soft.
Korijo
Before.

Yellow sports (and new Reds, too) adjust after install.
Eric_Shea
do you set them before installation or after

Before...

I suppose you'd crank them both evenly to start and then work your way hard or soft.

Correct Sir! Check www.konina.com for directions.
swood
Thanks. I'll look into it.

Brad, any other info?
Brad Roberts
Not really. Everybody above this post kicked ass. I throw them away..LOL The springs dont ring a bell with me.

B
914werke
Throw them away ohmy.gif
I think I have a set on the 74 with a AM adj. perch spring setup.
Brad Roberts
You have seen the tubs we cut up... If I kept everything I accumulated over the years... I wouldnt be married and I would still live in Texas.

B
swood
Why would I chuck them? The ones on the car now are shot, and made in mexico for that matter.
Brad Roberts
I didnt mean YOU throw them away. I meant I throw away the old/bad ones.

Sorry for he confusicism...LOL

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.