Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Actually yanked out the lump last night
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
woobn8r
I thought I'd tell somebody, as my wife couldn't care less....

I dropped the motor out of my '74 last night....no corroded bolts...actually most everything is covered in oil due to the POs engine rebuild and resulting leaks....many bolts on the tin and ancilleraries were missing also.

Doors off, hood, trunk & engine lid...yup, bumpers gone, lights out, seats, carpet and annoying insulation gone...gas tank, fresh air system banished ...wiring has retreated from the front to the passenger cabin....

I think all I have to do is un-install the suspension, dash and glass and we are ready for some severe cleaning.

Hey Chuck, I'm catching up! poke.gif
rmital
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
mike_the_man
So what's the plan? Rebuilding the 4? V8?? Big six???

Good job on the engine drop!
Chuck
QUOTE(woobn8r @ Nov 7 2007, 12:16 PM) *

I thought I'd tell somebody, as my wife couldn't care less....

I dropped the motor out of my '74 last night....no corroded bolts...actually most everything is covered in oil due to the POs engine rebuild and resulting leaks....many bolts on the tin and ancilleraries were missing also.

Doors off, hood, trunk & engine lid...yup, bumpers gone, lights out, seats, carpet and annoying insulation gone...gas tank, fresh air system banished ...wiring has retreated from the front to the passenger cabin....

I think all I have to do is un-install the suspension, dash and glass and we are ready for some severe cleaning.

Hey Chuck, I'm catching up! poke.gif

Sounds like you're hot on my heels. biggrin.gif Although, as I think about it, your 3.2 is in your garage and I won't have mine paid for and in the stable until after New Years. Plus, it sounds like your car needs less rustoration than mine does. Soooo, you may actually be ahead of me. Nice to hear the project is progressing. I've got a number of items on the honey-do list before the snow flies so I may not get much time on mine again for a few weeks. sad.gif

And I agree, we need pictures.
woobn8r
I'd love to post pictures if I was smart enough to learn how to resize them....

My 3.2 is totally built, but I had to take off the 911 tin and exhaust as It was built for my RS replicar....and now it's teener bound.

I have collected...911 3.5" Bilsteins and the rest of the front end stuff, needle bearing suspension bushings, Boxter brake set up for f&r a la Rich Johnson, r hubs from a 911, Weltmeister front bar, a 915, AA flares to install, CF Getty lids on the way as we speak....still, so much to do...and to think about....still can't decide on a colour scheme.
balljoint
QUOTE(woobn8r @ Nov 7 2007, 06:41 PM) *

I'd love to post pictures if I was smart enough to learn how to resize them....

Get at 'er.

Resizing Images
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.