Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where do you buy Online
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
Looking for good deals and low shipping. Rock Auto has great prices but shipping sucks from 5 locations at once.
PP has most parts but no Master Cylinder rebuild kits.
AA ??? haven't priced them yet but I hate their web site, soooo hard to navigate and I haven't received my new catalog yet.
brer
Autohaus AZ has decent prices and free shipping over $50.

I find they have saved me bucks on the things I can get through them.
cheaper than GPR and Pelican on the basics.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Nov 8 2007, 04:30 PM) *

Looking for good deals and low shipping. Rock Auto has great prices but shipping sucks from 5 locations at once.
AA ??? haven't priced them yet but I hate their web site, soooo hard to navigate and I haven't received my new catalog yet.

17mm rebuild kits have been discontinued. 19mm kits still available best advice for the money is to replace the master with the larger 19mm. Harder to push but less travel and the cheapest available for the 914

maybe shop? pns for the 17 (maybe someone has nos? 91435590800 and the 19 90135593000 I just held the 19mm kit and one is now on my desk so you will have no problem finding one!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(brer @ Nov 8 2007, 04:37 PM) *

Autohaus AZ has decent prices and free shipping over $50.

I find they have saved me bucks on the things I can get through them.
cheaper than GPR and Pelican on the basics.

yes there is now a price war is going on for the readily available stuff some being kids in their garage just marking up 5%! The internet is great! Too bad we cannot level the exchange rate!!!!!!!
tracks914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 8 2007, 03:43 PM) *

Too bad we cannot level the exchange rate!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif Ha, its funny how now so many US vendors are now willing to offer CAN $$ at par.....now that we just hit $1.10 US for our CAN $$$. But for years we had to suck it up to the tune of 20 cents to the dollar.
BTW George when are you going to get your web site updated?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Nov 8 2007, 05:02 PM) *

biggrin.gif Ha, its funny how now so many US vendors are now willing to offer CAN $$ at par.....now that we just hit $1.10 US for our CAN $$$. But for years we had to suck it up to the tune of 20 cents to the dollar.

trying to find the right man to do it.
brer
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 8 2007, 04:26 PM) *

Thats tough, which is why I had to teach myself.

I think online sellers who offer services, tech articles, participate in forums, news and video content, will win in the long run.

jd74914
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Nov 8 2007, 06:30 PM) *

I just bough some stuff from Nate at 9motorsport yesterday. He looked up a bunch of parts for me that weren't online (they started a new webpage and haven't added a lot of stuff yet, so you would need to call for price quotes) and had very competitive prices. smile.gif

They also have a 10% off coupon for your first order (like Automotion has once in a while).
Cap'n Krusty
There's a reason they don't carry rebuild kits .......... I would NEVER sell one at my shop. There's ALWAYS a lawyer that'll turn a home rebuilt master cylinder into the liability of the place that sold the parts. Facts of life. If the cylinder needs to be rebuilt, the kit won't fix what's wrong with it .................. The Cap'n
tracks914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Nov 8 2007, 07:07 PM) *

There's a reason they don't carry rebuild kits .......... I would NEVER sell one at my shop. There's ALWAYS a lawyer that'll turn a home rebuilt master cylinder into the liability of the place that sold the parts. Facts of life. If the cylinder needs to be rebuilt, the kit won't fix what's wrong with it .................. The Cap'n

I am a mechanic by trade and to rebuild a kit is not a problem for me.
Second, My calipers are OK, they don't leak and are not seized but I am doing a full restoration on this car and new seals and rubbers would go along way for the life of the car.
Rock Auto has all that I need but a $100 order comes with a $90 shipping fee on top of that and then there are the charges at the border. That just sucks!!
I'm just trying to find someone with all the parts and one shipping location.
Tx
will
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 8 2007, 04:26 PM) *

I know a fantastic person. let me know if you want her contact info.
will
GWN7
Doug,

have it shipped to my drop point in the US. I'll bring it across and reship it to you.

Or see if they will mail it to you. Some places will do it but don't list it on their web sites.
tracks914
Bruce:
Whats the zip of your drop off? I'll compare shipping rates and see if it's worth the hassle. David Wong offered the same for me from the US side.
Great club.
GWN7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.