Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT 914 Books
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BiG bOgGs
I got a gift card to Amazon.com for my B-Day. I already have the Haynes Manual and the 700 tech tips from Brother George in Atlanta. Any suggestions for other 914 related books I should consider?

Jim

poke.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
Jim,
I'd recommend "PORSCHE 914 & 914/6" by Brian Long. I've got the 1st edition and I understand that the 2nd printing is even better. The first edition seems to contain more European photos than US-spec versions, but that didn't bother me at all. The book has lots of history and chronicles the model year changes nicely. It's not all specs and numbers.

Paul
BiG bOgGs

Thanks Paul. I checked it out on the Amazon site and it looks like a good option. Anyone else have a suggestion for the rest of the $50 giftcard?
orange914
QUOTE(BiG bOgGs @ Nov 8 2007, 06:30 PM) *

Thanks Paul. I checked it out on the Amazon site and it looks like a good option. Anyone else have a suggestion for the rest of the $50 giftcard?

birthday3.gif ME...ME... i gots lots of places to spend it on the 914 beerchug.gif
Pat Garvey
Even though it has some minor flaws (& I mean minor), Brett Johnson's book should be on the shelf of every 914 owner.
Pat
Dave_Darling
I'm not that impressed with the Long book, frankly... It's got some good bits in it, but, well, I dunno.

The Johnson book is a good one to get.

"How to Rebuild Your Volkswagen Air-Cooled Engine" is another good one to have, particularly if you ever plan on digging into your motor's internals.

"Caught by Camera" is a nice one; mostly a picture book. Pretty much all European 914s, including some 916s, one or both 908-motored cars, and so on.

Haynes, of course. The Lash manual also has fans.

"Excellence was Expected" by Karl Ludwigsen. That'll eat up your certificate, and probably then some. Covers all of Porsche up through the launch of the Cayenne, I believe.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.