Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pirelli P 7's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Enigma
Hey!

My 914 has old Pirelli P7's on it. Its time to replace them. Can anyone suggest what a similar replacement might be?

I kinda like the look of the P7's, Im not sure why but it give the car the "factory" look for Porsche.

A few options would help.

Cheers
boxstr
Pirelli P7s were the in tire in the day. Technology has brought better tires to the front.
Go to tirerack.com and see if you can find what you want there. They have a huge selection and there prices are very good.
Good luck
CCL
914-8
Wow, those tires must be pretty old. P7's have been out of production for a long time, I'd guess well over ten years now. Check the date codes on your tires, it would be interesting to see when they were made! Not super safe to be riding on tires so old, so it's good you are changing them.

I don't really use Pirellis much anymore, but as a kid of the 80's, I agree, Pirelli P7 and Porsche will always go together in my mind.

Pirelli used to make a successor to the P7, that was called a P700 or something like that, but even that is gone now.

I think the closest Pirelli "successor" to the P7 would now be the PZero. It's a good looking tire, the tread is a tiny bit remniscent of the P7.

orthobiz
I had a 73 Mercury Capri with CN36's. But those P7's were
something else in the day!

Paul
914-8
CN36, that takes me back. Remember when the hot tire (a few years after the CN36) was the Phoenix Stahlflex?
nein14
I had a set of Pirelli CN36's on my first Porsche 67' 911 GREAT tire back in the day smile.gif
sixnotfour
Phoenix Stahlflex

3011's
Eddie914
Stahlflex 3011!

Great tires! Had tem on a '78 VW Scirocco.
*kennyd*914
I had a set of P77 back in the early 90's. When I brought them to my mechanic, I reminded him that the tire had a specific rotation and there was a specific inside and outside, he thought I had lost it until he read the tire. Great tires....fair mechanic....
HalM
"Back in the day" wasn't the 914 tire war Pirelli CN36's versus Michelin XAS?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.