Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: can someone explain to me how the brakelite csswitch works ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikeyboy_85
is there ment to be contact between the lever on the switch and the base of the pedals at all time? What would be even better is if someone could show me some pics of what its ment to look like with the pedal pressed and without the pedal pressed . .

cheers michael
Dave_Darling
There is supposed to be contact all the time. The switch is spring-loaded in the "turn the lights on" direction, so when nothing is moving the little arm back the lights will be on. The arm of the switch rides on the near side of the washer on the brake pushrod, and when the pedal is up (and the rod is moved back) the switch arm is moved and the light goes off.

Common mistake.

--DD
mikeyboy_85
how is the switch ment to be attacted to the pedal? i see something that kinda looks like a hose clamp but it doesn't seem to be able to attach to the lever of the switch, could u please post a pic ?
IronHillRestorations
The switch is attached to the pedal cluster, it is activated by a large washer that's on the master cylinder plunger.
rhodyguy
when in doubt consult your haynes. on p.129, fig 9.24 shows the correct orientation of the actuating arm. section 30 (same page) discribes removal, installation, and the adjustment of the switch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.