Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need input on Fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
So I was at a shop today, and a guy that had his 911 slant nose turbo there came walking in with a set of Fikse wheels he wanted to put on the car. We got to talking, and the 16x9 and 16x11 Fuchs he has on there now he offered to me for 1000. I think I could get more than that on ebay for them, but I wanted to run by you guys to see what you thought they may be worth. They looked like they were in 2+ condition.

Thanks

Jon
914werke
2+ on a scale of 10?
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Nov 9 2007, 12:22 AM) *

2+ on a scale of 10?

No... 1 being the absolute best. Kinda like sports car market's meter for judging cars. They looked almost perfect, but not quite there.

How you doing Rich?
914werke
Sounds like a reasonable deal to me smile.gif
But what do I know. w00t.gif
Im good ... just searching for a Holiday vacation flight,
Somewhere sunny laugh.gif
village idiot
Buy them and I'll give you $750 shipped for the 16x9's happy11.gif as long as you can get pics
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(village idiot @ Nov 9 2007, 01:03 AM) *

Buy them and I'll give you $750 shipped for the 16x9's happy11.gif as long as you can get pics

I'll let you know... It's a possibility.
brer
I may be wrong, and I have been before, but I think those wheels are worth a mint.

well over 2K
boxstr
Actually i had a set of 9 and 11 16s on JLO. Problem was finding tires to fit. Not to say they are not out there, but good ones for a 914-8 were few and far between.
Still $1000. sounds like a good price.
CCL
jasons
Do you know for certain they are real?
TravisNeff
I don't think Fikse made 16" wheels, just 17" and up. Wild6 has a set on his-6 and it looks great.

haha, maybe I should read posts a little more carefully
burton73
If there are real they are an unreal deal. The 9” are worth that. A new pair of 9s is $1800. A used par is who knows what they will bring on a given day this month but matched with 7s and refinished $1800 - $2200 is asking price?. Do you want to use or invest? If you want to invest you may be sitting on the 11s for some time as only someone special wants them and they are custom made to my understanding. You need to know that they are real and true. But then they are $1000 and you will have the 9s and they are worth that if you are going to put them on the back of a GT flared car.

Investing in wheels can be tricky but some people have made money. There has been a huge jump in Fuchs. I am not sure if it has to do with the week dollar or the rare wheel in the older ones.

Bob
PeeGreen 914
I really would like to use the 9's, and after looking I can have Toyo RA1s on there with 245 45 r16 with my 225 45 r15 in the front on my 15x8s. I would just put the 11s on ebay I think. As to them being the real deal I would say they are not as they are now a two piece. They were made from real ones as they are stamped, but it would cost more than 1000 to send my 7 and 8s down to have them turned into 15x9s. I was thinking I may be able to make my money back with the 11s, but then again I don't really care. Has anyone run there car with 15s in front and 16 in the rear? Does it look weird?

Oh, and Travis, fikse did make a few sets of 16x10s, but he will not admit to it. The only problem with that is I know the people who have them, and they have four sets each. I have tried to buy a set off one of them, but he is selling them with his car...... 50,000 for the NWs most incredible 914 monster. Just the wheels are worth 15,000, but then again, this guy has more money than he knows what to do with it.
bigkensteele
Search the pelican 911 board. If they are in good shape, you are looking at a very good deal, even if the 11s are not factory.
burton73
The 8 and 9 are a great idea but I think your 15 an 16 mix will look funny and the guys may have a reason that the car may handle funny. You see this posting of this 6 for sale for $40,000. nice wheels.

Bob
PeeGreen 914
Handle funny? What am I missing? I was thinking it may look funny, but thought it was worth a try. I have 8s at the moment, and thought 9s in the rear would be perfect. Maybe I can sell these and make enough to get the 15x9s. Who knows.

Bob.. What are you saying about the handling?
burton73
I’m thinking something on the difference of the height of the wheel. Maybe it can be adjusted with the tires? Lets see what the guys say.

Bob
Eddie914
Jon,

I'm running 16 x 8/9 wheels with 225/50/16 and 245/45/16 tires on my 914/6.

We can get together some time soon and you can see how they fit and drive.

Eddie
racerbvd
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Nov 9 2007, 02:59 PM) *

Handle funny? What am I missing? I was thinking it may look funny, but thought it was worth a try. I have 8s at the moment, and thought 9s in the rear would be perfect. Maybe I can sell these and make enough to get the 15x9s. Who knows.

Bob.. What are you saying about the handling?

First, are they factory or weled up?? Porsche did not build a 11X16 Fuch, so if he really does have them, they were either built by Gary Stratton or Lindsey, and the nines could be welded wheels too (they take the backs of the 6s and weld them to 7s to make 9s). 9X15 Fuchs are not cheap, and are not easy to find. I have a few pairs for my cars and have turned down over $2K each for a pair, so good luck in trading for a set. I would like to see pictures of the wheels you are talking about and could be interested myself.

Thanks,

Byron
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(burton73 @ Nov 9 2007, 02:33 PM) *

The 8 and 9 are a great idea but I think your 15 an 16 mix will look funny and the guys may have a reason that the car may handle funny.

I have not seen them on a 914, but I have on my friends 911. I thought it looked a little different because the front tires were about 1/2" taller. Handle funny, No.
Root_Werks
Jon,

Tuesday you'll see my 914 with properly offset 16x8 and 16x9 rims. I actually don't like them all that much. It's a lot of tire to get rolling (245's and 225's). Anything wider than a 9 inch rim and you'll have trouble finding tires for any decent dollar amount. The deal sounds sweet as long as the rims are real ones. Keep the 9's, sell the 11's and buy some 7's or 8's.

I have been thinking about moving my fronts to the back and buying new halves for the back to make them 7's and moving them to the front with 205's. The car is driven daily so that much tire on such a light car just isn't needed. driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
Dan... we may need to talk more about this. My car is streetable, but it is ment for the track. At least that is the direction I have been building it toward. Well, I am getting the rims, and Eddie and Dan, we can take a lok at them and go from there.
jaminM3
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Nov 9 2007, 04:56 PM) *

I have been thinking about moving my fronts to the back and buying new halves for the back to make them 7's and moving them to the front with 205's. The car is driven daily so that much tire on such a light car just isn't needed. driving.gif

Just sell the 16x9s for $1000 and you can pick up the 16 x7s for $200-300 for a set and be ahead $700. I see the 7s selling on ebay all the time, originals. I just sold two sets for $300 a set.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(jaminM3 @ Nov 9 2007, 06:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Nov 9 2007, 04:56 PM) *

Just sell the 16x9s for $1000 and you can pick up the 16 x7s for $200-300 for a set and be ahead $700. I see the 7s selling on ebay all the time, originals. I just sold two sets for $300 a set.

I have seen the 16x9s going for 1200 to 1500 on ebay, and the 7s and 8s are not very much at all. If I were doing what Dan wants to do I would just get another set of 8s. 7s look too small unless you have spacers pushing them out a little.
burton73
Some of the guys said that if you had 7 with spacers and 9 you would not handle on the track as well as if you had 8s and 9s. As far as getting 8s. They are not easy to come by. I have been looking for 9 months when I got a set with 6s. for $1,000.picked them up in L.A.

Real 8s- 16 are not around. I need one more set to put on the back of my Carrera to swap with my 9s 16 . In that way I will have 8s -16 and 9s -16 on my 2.5SS 914-6 #41

Bob
PeeGreen 914
Hey Bob..... I just found out from one of the Porsche shop's I frequent that they have a set of 8's, and they would give them to me for next to nothing. So should I go with the 16x8's and 9's combo? Yes, the 8's are real.
burton73
Yes, yes,

Just look at the picture of the 914-6 with them. I think they look great. Refinish them in your taste. Make sure that they are REAL. I had a set send down over from one of the nice guys on our group and he thought there where real. They looked real but when I put them on the scale the weight came up too low by -4 lbs. The logos looked a little worn, and funny. I think the people just made a mold from a factory 8” and it lost detail in the pattern. I was worried that they may be weak and did not want to chance it as I am putting a lot of money into my car.

Nice guy he gave me back my money (ALL GOOD) we have great people here.

If you are going for a GT look then that look is 7 “ + 8” 15in long lugs open lug nuts and no caps. You will need spacers up front. I do not know on the back. I just know that 9’ do fit the back.

Bob
jaminM3
If you want the 16" x 8" wheels make sure they are the 944 Turbo rear wheels, they have the correct 23mm offset for the front of a 914 with GT flares. The part number on the back starts 951.

I just got a set on Ebay. I need to refinish them though..
burton73
Do you want to explain what happens when you put a set of 911.361.020.45 8s from a 911 on the front? The 8s for the 944 come up for sale more often on eBay. They do not look as deep. They look more like 7s.

I need to know if the 911.361.020.45 will fit with early S brakes.

Bob

carr914
Heres what 15s in front and 16s in the rear look like. It handled great and I like the look.

If you want to sell the 11x16s pm me
woobn8r
Sorry just to "jump in" here, but I've been watching this thread and felt I owed $0.02...

I would ask what you use the car for if it is street/track and it is a GT flared car I think an 8" rim width is optimum as you can fit up to a 245 width performance tire. which is plenty wide enough.

Now, to get the greatest tire life... I would use that 8" rim on all 4 corners...rotation is good! This also helps in set up as you can balance the car more easily without worrying about different tire size characteristics. After all these are Mid engine cars with a 48/52 balance to start with IIRC .

With an 8" rim you can safely run 245 on the rear and (if you feel you must stagger sizes) 225 or a 215 on the front with the same 8" rim. So if you are looking for an easier turn in, or to increase understeer this is possible.

As for rim diameter, performance tires are becoming more difficult to source in the smaller sizes 15" and soon 16"....so, I would say 17" is a good place to be....but there are no (real) fuchs there...so 16" it is for you.

9" rim widths are for tires 245 to 275 in width...11" are for tires 275 to 315 in width....keep in mind these are min and max not OPTIMUM tire sizes for these rim widths. Unless you are pushing MAJOR HP and Torque in a specific application, I can see no performance gain on rubber this big on a 914...but it might look cool.

Buy the 9&11 Fuchs for investment purposes if you think you can sell them and make some $.
racerbvd
QUOTE(burton73 @ Nov 14 2007, 10:35 PM) *

Do you want to explain what happens when you put a set of 911.361.020.45 8s from a 911 on the front? The 8s for the 944 come up for sale more often on eBay. They do not look as deep. They look more like 7s.

I need to know if the 911.361.020.45 will fit with early S brakes.

Bob

The offset is different, the 951 Fuchs is a 23mm offset while the 911 Fuchs are , around 15mm. Both will clear the "S" calipers.
computers4kids
QUOTE(jasons @ Nov 9 2007, 10:06 AM) *

Do you know for certain they are real?

That's the question many guys often ask av-943.gif
Jeff Hail
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Nov 9 2007, 12:21 AM) *

So I was at a shop today, and a guy that had his 911 slant nose turbo there came walking in with a set of Fikse wheels he wanted to put on the car. We got to talking, and the 16x9 and 16x11 Fuchs he has on there now he offered to me for 1000. I think I could get more than that on ebay for them, but I wanted to run by you guys to see what you thought they may be worth. They looked like they were in 2+ condition.

Thanks

Jon

Those are wide wheels to put on a 14 without some serious bodywork and suspension in good order. I agree with a few posts down buy and sell them. Make a buck and pickup up some 944 wheels if you want that style or go with 8's. Remember it takes more HP to turn a wider tire and they will put more wear and tear on bearings without the correct offsets. One more strong point woodn8r touched on. Tire's need to be optimized for the proper wheel. Too wide a tread and the sidewalls bulge and the handling is wiggly with high toe in settings.

Give you an idea on the wide Fuchs and these are all real 15 inchers.

7's and 8's that came on 911R/ ST and 914 GT

7's and 8's in a wide offset

9 x 15

9 x 15

11 x 15

11 x 15

and my favorite's the 15 x 15 908 centerlock's (actually not made by Fuchs)

Rota has a new wheel out called the Fox in 17 inch. Size's available are 7.5 and 9 x 17. Rota claims the 7.5's have a 35mm offset and the 9's have a 16mm offset. They would sure make it a lot easier to get a good modern low profile tire under the wells. Bottom pic is the Rota. It is a cast copy of a Fuchs and much higher quality than the lessor Euromeister and Chinese version. It has also been designed from the ground up and may actually be stronger than the Fuchs due to moden CAD. Rota has a very good reputation as a wheel manufacturer. Four of my friends have installed these recently on 911's and they are up there with Fuch's. All these guys track their cars.

Here is the distributor who sells Rota's. I am sure you might know the name "Subydude".
http://www.lineacorse.com/index.php?cPath=4_9
sixnotfour
15x9 my long time favorite, something about the proportions is just right. OK 70's
Root_Werks
That is a sweet looking rim Jeff. I always loved the look of a deep dish rim. I have 4 inches poking outward front and rear. Love that look. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.