Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT-Snow in Seattle!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
I drove the 914 today but it snowing right now so I guess its finally time to put the keys away.

Damn thing is running good for once.....

Geoff
914ghost
Geoff-
Snow in Seattle.. I remember that.. NOT safe.
I'm in wenatchee and I've had mine parked for a couple months and just got it out today!
Snow rules...I took it behind the old Target to their UNplowed parking lot with 4 inches of snow!!
These things really kick some ass on snow. It COULD get stuck, but it sure drifts damn nice.
Get it sideways, Downshift, let off the gas and it swings straight...way better than my old 356, and probably better than a very well outfitted bug!
But i wont risk it much, I'll probably park it again.. .. sad.gif
Robert O
bernbomb914
monday had to be one of the most beautiful days of the year in Seattle. It was cyrstal clear and you could see all the major mtns. and they were covered with snow. on the ride on the ferry from Branbridge to Seattle was something to remember.

Bernie
redshift
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Dec 31 2003, 01:56 AM)
Damn thing is running good for once.....

Geoff

Sell it, quick. Part it out while you have proof.

M
Bleyseng
mueba.gif Yeah right! Blair wanted to drive it to Phoenix! "Dad, It won't rust there as there is no rain" "You can fly down and drive it"..

He drove his GTI down as the 914 was going nowhere.............

Geoff
ChrisReale
what happened to the 8mpg Rx7?
rhodyguy
2" ohmy.gif . my cousins in the greater buffalo area laugh at me when i tell them "we got snow" and how much we got. "kevin, what was the weather like the other 23 hours and 30 minutes?". ask blair if he plans on putting a NEW dash pad in the 914 after the one in the car cracks up. blair's rx7 will never pass emissions. he needs a po box in neah bay (the end of all roads. n.w. corner of the olympic peninsula) to have a current registration sent to, to avoid the sniffer.

kevin
Bleyseng
He's selling it as he can't afford the $350 a month car insurance...Its been sold although its still here, to San Diego. It will be shipped down. They have even tougher emisson laws in AZ so it wouldn't be a great car there, besides being black and no AC. Sure would be fun to street race tho.

Geoff
rhodyguy
$4200 a year for ins? oh man!!! one car? he should pay the guy to take it off his hands laugh.gif .

kevin
Bleyseng
Its a pretty rare model as only 950 were built that year and not too many remain running. Pretty high strung with the turbo.

Geoff
rhodyguy
there is a place about 2 miles from me that must have 30 (prob more) rx7's, complete cars, rollers if not runners. it's not a wreckingyard. some clean cars as viewed from drive bys.

kevin
DNHunt
Jeez Geoff. You drove the 914 today now I know I'm heading up for lunch. Maybe I can get a ride. I'm really tired of driving the Caravan.

Dave
Bleyseng
I will only if the snows gone. Bring gloves and a hat as there is NO HEAT! Its cold driving it now. Gotta hook up the damn heat again.....but then I'll be tempted to drive it in the rain and snow.

Call me if you are still coming up.

Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.