Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question on Restoration Design (regarding sheetmetal)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Loaf
Gents,

Does anyone one have info on them..

I have tried calling their number for about 2 months, and have given up. Phone goes to voicemail, I leave a message and never hear back..

I believe I may have heard they are out of business... but have not fully confirmed..

If anyone has any insight into high quality panels/sheetmetal.. Specifically floor pan stuff, please feel free to let me know..

Any help appreciated..
Alex
tdgray
Alex,

This is just typical from RD sorry to say.

His parts are great but the customer service is well...terrible. He is basically a one man band and I know he was having trouble awhile back with relocating his shop.

Try him on the web...sometimes it is easier to get him that way.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(Loaf @ Nov 9 2007, 07:07 AM) *

Gents,

Does anyone one have info on them..

I have tried calling their number for about 2 months, and have given up. Phone goes to voicemail, I leave a message and never hear back..

I believe I may have heard they are out of business... but have not fully confirmed..

If anyone has any insight into high quality panels/sheetmetal.. Specifically floor pan stuff, please feel free to let me know..

Any help appreciated..
Alex

I do not know if they went out of business but I doubt it. They have a bad reputation for not answering calls. Their parts are very good quality. I am using the front and rear floor pans. I also got the reinforcement strip that goes under the pan for the seats. He even welded them in place for me (NC). They also carry seat brackets that are not listed. Keep trying or call AA (as in Automobile Atlanta not the other AA).
type47
i have read the posts about RD and took a chance at ordering, online, a sheet metal part. preparing for the worst, i was pleasantly surprised when the item arrived promptly even though i did not personally talk to anyone at RD as has been suggested. i say "we" need to support this business as it may be the only one that produces repair sheetmetal panels for our cars.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Don't ever worry about the stuff not being available Look at the selection of sheetmetal. Not tooting the horn but making the point that the stuff is readily available, AND in stock: http://www.autoatlanta.com/2007AutoAtlanta914Catalog.pdf

Cap'n Krusty
To be fair, several retailers keep a pretty good stock. The previous comments are right, he simply doesn't return calls very often, nor does he answer the phone. The quality's there, though. The Cap'n
McMark
Also, if you're calling at the same time every day, that's probably not going to work. Try calling at various times, did you try around 8am his time?
bigkensteele
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 9 2007, 09:15 AM) *

Don't ever worry about the stuff not being available Look at the selection of sheetmetal. Not tooting the horn but making the point that the stuff is readily available, AND in stock: http://www.autoatlanta.com/2007AutoAtlanta914Catalog.pdf

Saw this firsthand a couple of weeks ago. George has everything you might ever need.
jamara
I've had a similar experience. I attempted to purchase RD's rear floor pan online and heard nothing for a week. Then I just so happened to get him on the phone after several attempts. He took care of my request immediately, welded on the seat bracket supports for free (I paid for the actual items, of course), and shipped it all within 2 days. The part arrived in excellent condition. Great quality. I then attempted to order the passenger-side inner firewall but have heard nothing for about a month. I tried calling several times and left messages, always in the afternoon, his time. Nothing. So, it may be he only does phone stuff in the morning and is too swamped to return calls. ???

Anyway, I agree that to keep things affordable (best prices I know of) AND offer good quality (who knows of anyone better?) he is likely a "one man band". Value is a funny, subjective thing. Decide whether you like quality with speed and customer service or whether you want quality at a low price that you have to work for a little. You almost always get what you pay for and it depends on what you value most. I think we should keep this guy afloat, though. We need all the quality replacement metal we can get for these fabulous rust buckets. If time is more an issue than money, go with AA. I've bought from them before and they have good stuff. Also, they will try to make their mistakes right, which is more and more valuable to me all the time.

RANT:::: It blows my mind how many unethical internet based companies there are out there these days, many of them thanks to eBay. Incredible. When you don't have to look someone in the eye and lie in their face I suppose it makes it easier to sleep at night. Anyway, I think RD is not like that, he's just one busy guy. RANT OVER:::
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.