Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Willow Springs Nov.10 and Nov 11 , 2007
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Maltese Falcon
We will be there with our CI and V3 cars. Anyone from 914world going ?
Excellent winter weather and no winds. The big track has a good VARA run also.
Marty
drew365
I'll see you there Sunday, but I'll be in my new Boxster and on street tires. Should be interesting.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(drew365 @ Nov 9 2007, 01:23 PM) *

I'll see you there Sunday, but I'll be in my new Boxster and on street tires. Should be interesting.

Drew, we must have missed you on Sunday. There were a lot of boxsters and a few caymans. What color group did you run in ? If you were in white group I'll check the in car camera for your car. Matt's CI car ran a 1.38.6 CW and a 1.38.9 CCW, or about a 2 second improvement form the last event. The changes were new syncros, new F and R bushings and more confident driving. This is still on the old tired 2.0 engine --original Craigslist car biggrin.gif
Our other car that we brought (V4 not V3) 9146 n/a broke a clutch fork late Sat.
We were actually sorting out this car and BOY did it need suspension work. Couldn't muster better than 1.40 CW on Sat.
Both cars will be back on the big track 12/1/07 for the DE. See you there if you're going !
Marty and the Father & Son (& Nephew) race team
drew365
My Boxster is metallic black w/ tan interior. It was parked next to your V4 car when it was waiting for the tow truck. The Boxster is totally stock and on street tires and was pushing real bad. I made the mistake of letting them put me in orange group and was a roadblock is a couple of corners.
I'll be at the Dec. 1 event running in the STS group, the car will still be stock except I hope to have a spare set of wheels and some DOT tires by then which should help a little.
Maltese Falcon
We will look for you on Dec. 1 . The V4 car is fixed and also getting some beefy rear suspension --to go with the Tarret front susp. already in place.
Hope your car sticks well smile.gif
Sounds like a decent BBQ too !
sww914
I'll see you both there Dec 1 & 2. I'm working on adding some aerodynamics for the high speed corners there. At least I feel like I'm doing optional things a week and a half before the event, rather than doing absolutely necessary things the night before!
drew365
QUOTE(sww914 @ Nov 19 2007, 11:12 PM) *

rather than doing absolutely necessary things the night before!

Those types of experiences are necessary in order to keep our desperato badges in good standing. biggrin.gif
After doing several mods to my car for the sole purpose of better grip at Willow, (8" rear spoiler, front splitter and winglets, raised rear of targa top) I've come to believe that the biggest factors are tires, rough pavement at beginning of 8 and proper line. Not to say that I've given up, it's just I've never seen a brick fly so why should a 914?
Maltese Falcon
Drew and SWW, It was good but effin freezing too!
I didn't get a chance to get around the pits ...lots of ground to cover by foot and mucho frio. I did see the SWW car on the track...it hauls, what's in it ?
Our CI car did well in DE. Kip Waterhouse was the instructor and said that Matt had 1,2,3 and 9 down, and more work to be done in the other turns.
The Orange group race was a blast, and the 1st place (Alarcon) was running one of our air filter kits to boot beerchug.gif
See you at the Streets in Jan. 2008
Marty
sww914
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 8 2007, 07:25 PM) *

Drew and SWW, It was good but effin freezing too!
I didn't get a chance to get around the pits ...lots of ground to cover by foot and mucho frio. I did see the SWW car on the track...it hauls, what's in it ?
Our CI car did well in DE. Kip Waterhouse was the instructor and said that Matt had 1,2,3 and 9 down, and more work to be done in the other turns.
The Orange group race was a blast, and the 1st place (Alarcon) was running one of our air filter kits to boot beerchug.gif
See you at the Streets in Jan. 2008
Marty

Just a little 2056 with Weber 44's. Thanks for the compliment.
It was my first time at Willow Springs, fun track. I'm proud to say that I was able to turn a few 1:39's in the last session on Sunday. The track record for my class is like 1:34 something, so I've got some work to do. It's hard to get your brain to let you keep your foot down in 8, isn't it?
Maltese Falcon
...yes foot down in 8, to the floor in 5th. 4th in 9...but this is a tired old 2.0 with efi. I saw your car going into 1 and it hauls much harder than our CI car. We should be changing up the strategy after the new Euro 2.0 efi engine goes in this month. Proll'y an increase in 30 lbs of TQ. and legal in class too !
To the podium beer.gif
Marty
andys
QUOTE(sww914 @ Dec 8 2007, 11:35 PM) *

It's hard to get your brain to let you keep your foot down in 8, isn't it?

This made me chuckle. T-8 brings out the chicken feathers in the best of us; depending on the car of course.

Andys
sww914
I can't wait to go back!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.