Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Restoration Guide
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RJdiego
Anyone have any recommendations on the various restoration guides available?
I'd like to get a good 911 engine manual, and a 914-6 book. I see a few listed on Ebay..are they any good?
Thanks, RJ
70Sixter
How to Restore & Modify Your Porsche 914 & 914/6 by Patrick Paternie.

Porsche 911 Performance by Bruce Anderson

Brett Johnson has a good one on 914 originality. Title escapes me.

And there is a book called How to Buy a Used Porsche 911 or something like that.

Karl Ludvigsen's Excellence Was Expected is great background book.

I'm sure someone can fill in the missing info. Amazon is pretty good place to start.

Toad Hall Motorbooks is a good place to check. Most Porsche parts catalogs have book section.

Welcome to the World!
carr914
RJ, glad to hear you are going to restore.

T.C.
jimtab
QUOTE(70Sixter @ Nov 9 2007, 12:59 PM) *

How to Restore & Modify Your Porsche 914 & 914/6 by Patrick Paternie.

Porsche 911 Performance by Bruce Anderson

Brett Johnson has a good one on 914 originality. Title escapes me.

And there is a book called How to Buy a Used Porsche 911 or something like that.

Karl Ludvigsen's Excellence Was Expected is great background book.

I'm sure someone can fill in the missing info. Amazon is pretty good place to start.

Toad Hall Motorbooks is a good place to check. Most Porsche parts catalogs have book section.

Welcome to the World!

I think that the Paternie book is the best for the 914, well written, cogent and comprehensive...the 3 C's of how to books....oh, I guess that's 2 C's and 1 W.....I feel like such a fool.....
RJdiego
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 9 2007, 04:21 PM) *

RJ, glad to hear you are going to restore.

T.C.

Not to sure if I am going to restore. I want to see about getting my car running first...then keep or sell. I just pulled out of a sale to a nice guy from the Netherlands. My family convinced me to try to find a US buyer if I was going to sell.

Thanks for the book advice. RJ
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.