Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stainless steel bumpers ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johannes
First time I see that ! Seems to be a great idea ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=260180621747

shades.gif wub.gif
Allan
QUOTE(johannes @ Nov 11 2007, 11:19 AM) *

Seems to be a great idea ...

Not at $1870.60 USD. dry.gif
Wilhelm

shades.gif wub.gif

Ouch! About 2 grand$$$$$$ US by the time they get here. I've got some chrome bumpers in fairly good condition that need replating. What seems to be the going average for this service??
Allan
QUOTE(Wilhelm @ Nov 11 2007, 11:31 AM) *

I've got some chrome bumpers in fairly good condition that need replating. What seems to be the going average for this service??

If you send them down to "The Bumper Shop" in Los Angeles you can get them done for under $200.00 each plus shipping.
boxstr
Triple plating at Oregon Plating is $500. per bumper. Total to do a 75-76 bumper backdate with plating, grilles and bumper tops, you should be at @ $1500. Some I am sure have done it for much less.
CCL
So.Cal.914

(approximately US $1,871.53)

It is a bit stiff but these would be great for the boys in the rustbelt. Now if we

could just get these guys to make us some tubs. smile.gif

sixnotfour
Not at $1870.60 USD

The problem is the US dollar.

Great New part,
Aaron Cox
if only they made the early rear bumper sad.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Nov 11 2007, 12:16 PM) *

It is a bit stiff but these would be great for the boys in the rustbelt. Now if we

I am in the rust belt and hardly ever see a bumper that is rusted through. I currently have a stack of about 4 sets all need chroming and most need body werk but no rust issues. I see no need at all in S.S. bumpers. confused24.gif
jimtab
If they're gonna do a ss bumper why not offer it with a smooth top so you don't need a bumper top...it would look great and might make the difference for the big $$....the rubber tops are a pain in the ass.
TJB/914

shades.gif wub.gif

Beautiful bumpers, but confused24.gif
The picture of the rear bumper shows the tow eye hole on the wrong side. It should be on the driver side. Maybe it's the photographer flipping the slide 180 degree's because one photo shows it on the driver side???

I would question this before spending the bucks$$. I also assume the price is for the pair (front & rear)?? Someday this might be a bargain. popcorn[1].gif

Tom
jd74914
The hole is on the driver's side. In some of the pictures the bumper is upside down smile.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Nov 11 2007, 06:50 PM) *

The hole is on the driver's side. In some of the pictures the bumper is upside down smile.gif

Jim,

You are correct. I didn't see that.

Tom
Pat Garvey
Umm,

Aside from being incredibly expensive, they aren't CW & will only devalue your 914.
Pat
type47fan
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Nov 11 2007, 01:05 PM) *

if only they made the early rear bumper sad.gif

I was thinkin' the same thing . . . .
Wilhelm
Guess we'll just have to inquire about a group buy. biggrin.gif If we can get them for say...........eh............er..............ah.............oh...............$300.00 than, dagnabbit, I'm in! piratenanner.gif
914rrr
QUOTE(boxstr @ Nov 11 2007, 02:46 PM) *

Triple plating at Oregon Plating is $500. per bumper. Total to do a 75-76 bumper backdate with plating, grilles and bumper tops, you should be at @ $1500. Some I am sure have done it for much less.
CCL

$1500 for new parts (including rechromed cores) sounds a little light, or are you talking some used parts?

I was thinking more like 2 large (at least) for rechromes and new parts. New bumper tops alone are about $700-800 for a pair these days.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 11 2007, 03:00 PM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Nov 11 2007, 12:16 PM) *

I am in the rust belt and hardly ever see a bumper that is rusted through. I currently have a stack of about 4 sets all need chroming and most need body werk but no rust issues. I see no need at all in S.S. bumpers. confused24.gif

Magic bumpers. smile.gif
Wilhelm
QUOTE(914rrr @ Nov 11 2007, 10:18 PM) *

QUOTE(boxstr @ Nov 11 2007, 02:46 PM) *

CCL

$1500 for new parts (including rechromed cores) sounds a little light, or are you talking some used parts?

I was thinking more like 2 large (at least) for rechromes and new parts. New bumper tops alone are about $700-800 for a pair these days.

This is really depressing, looks like the SS option may actually be cheaper in the long run. Trouble is I've outlaid so much cash on parts already and I'm so far from being done. May have to settle for powder coating the bumpers for now, at least I can do that. Has anyone tried any of the "chrome" powder coats and what was their opinion of them?
So.Cal.914
The finishs I have seen looked like very shiney silver paint. Just a sudjestion, my

72 has painted bumpers. They were painted black to match the rockers and

valances when new. Looks good, looks stock, nice and cheap and will protect

them until you have the green to chrome them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.