Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yo!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
Safe and sound in Kuwait. Probably headed to Baghdad tomorrow morning.

Gotta run... no online time left.

-Rusty cool.gif
airsix
You there for an extended stay? Let us know where we can send stuff.

-Ben
Curvie Roadlover
Take care, man. glad you made it there OK! Stay away from the ar15.gif
Hawktel
I wonder if there is any Iraqi 914/Porsche enthusisasts in Baghdad.

Thanks for the Updates Lawrence. I'll look for you on CNN!
Chris H.
Go get 'em Rusty!
Jeroen
Be safe!

cheers,

Jeroen
redshift
Things to do in Bagdad:

1. Befriend a Saddam imposter.

2. Get an ice cream cone at Dairy Mulahagrlah Titi.

3. Capture bats, blindfold them, and put them in 'Guanotanamo Bay' a lil place across the line you designate in the sand.

4. Drive a rusty Toyota, with an AK-74 attached to a broomstick in the bed.

5. Kick some ass.

6. Stay away from Canadian born cattle.

7. Write a letter to the Supreme Allied Commander proclaiming Michael Jackson is innocent, just 'Bad'.

8. Sneak up on an M1 tank, and paint it yellow. Yellow tanks are faster. Run away.

9. Tell the locals, "Look, you could have all the tech support jobs, if you just had phones.".

10. "Accidently" call in an air-strike on at what first appears to be 'non-local combatant forces' that turns out to be a CNN van.

...and stay out of trouble, Lawrence. Thanks man, tell all your buddies I said so too.

Miles
Eddie Williams
Got this from a buddy of mine over there this Christmas. Helps put it all in perspective. I've been on the "short list" 3 times this year. Can't describe the emotional roller coaster we've been on. Anyway read on...

Merry Christmas Everyone!

The soldiers and I had the opportunity to attend a very special Midnight Mass in Baghdad that none of us will forget.  The celebrant of the Mass was the Archbishop for the Archdiocese for the Military Services, Edwin O'Brien.  It was a very surreal Mass since we all had pistols, rifles, or machine guns in our laps, and the sounds of attack helicopters and artillery could be heard as we sang Silent Night and other hymns for this special day.
News cameras and reporters hovered over us to gauge our reactions as we all focused on celebrating the birth of Jesus.
Bishop O'Brien's homily had a really deep impact on everyone in attendance.  He illustrated to us how on Christmas Eve, Mary, the virgin mother of God, was full of His grace, but she was not without sacrifice and suffering.  She and Joseph had been traveling for days to reach the city of David during cold nights and on a dangerous path.  If Mary had all of the Grace of the Lord, shouldn't her journey have been short, the path straight, all of the hills leveled, all the dangers neutralized, and the harsh weather calmed?  Well, she did indeed have the Lord's grace, and the heavens rejoiced as she gave birth to Jesus in a stable meant for animals.  Her example shows us that even though she was filled with God's grace, she was still challenged, suffered, and had to make sacrifices.  And through all of her experiences, she was still filled with joy and her faith was strengthened.
Mary's journey and trial of faith is much like ours in Baghdad.
               Our mission is difficult, soldiers have died and get hurt, the enemy is trying to lead us astray, the weather is inhospitable, and some countries are not supportive of what we are doing.  However, God's grace is with all of us and your prayers during this holiday season have strengthened its power.  We can see the face of Jesus in all of the hungry children in the streets that we feed, the sick and injured that we render medical aid to, the shelter we provide for the homeless, and the hope of freedom and liberty we are securing for a people that has been oppressed through fear and intimidation.
God is with us on our mission to restore the people of Iraq.  Just because the task is difficult, and we are constantly being tested, we are sure of our success, and we have already sowed the seeds of victory.
We are accomplishing our mission in Iraq and we have made a tremendously positive impact on the people.  Even though we could not be home with our families celebrating the holidays with you, all of us are with a family of soldiers who have a bond of faith and strength.  Thank you for your thoughts and prayers as we continue the mission and prepare ourselves to come home this spring after completing the mission.
Merry Christmas!!!

Very Respectfully,

SCOTT M. DELLINGER
CPT, AD
Commanding
"Task Force Baghdad"
SirAndy
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Dec 31 2003, 11:47 AM)
Gotta run... no online time left.

be safe buddy! smilie_pokal.gif

maybe saddam had a hidden warehouse full of 914s ...
Andy
mikester
Be careful out there.

Your 914 needs you.
rick 918-S
Someone should nail a place for the guys traveling to Iraq. Then when they have a chance to get online they won't have to hunt for our replies.
markb
Take good care of yourself out there, Lawrence. And BTW, Thanks. Mark
seanery
Be safe and thank those around you for us flag.gif
Pnambic
agree.gif

Many thanks for all you do to make the world a safer place for me and mine.
smilie_pokal.gif flag.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.