Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel guage in dash
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Thack
I have a fuel gauge like this on one ebay sitting in a box.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSCHE-914...1QQcmdZViewItem

What is the red lense thing at the top of the guage? My current one is a analog needle gauge for oil temp. Anyone have pics of it lit up? confused24.gif
Demick
It's a big-ass parking brake light. 2.0 cars without the center console option had the temp gauge in that location like yours. 2.0 cars with the console had this type of gauge since the temp gauge was located in the center console.
Thack
I saw another one on ebay all lit up. What a waste of space. I have the center console gauges also. I would like to replace the lense with the oil temp gauge that has the numbers.
type47
you could move the oil temp gauge (not literally) from the console to the big assed red light in the combo gauge (brake warning light, fuel level, oil pressure idiot light, alternator idiot light) and put a cylinder head temp gauge or an oil pressure gauge instead of the temp gauge (that you moved to the combo gauge).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.