Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And you guys want to have our next ramble here?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
We should fit right in blink.gif biggrin.gif

By Associated Press
SOUTHWORTH, Wash. (AP) - A man trying to loosen a stubborn lug nut blasted the wheel with a 12-gauge shotgun, injuring himself badly in both legs, Kitsap County sheriff's deputies said.

The 66-year-old man had been repairing a Lincoln Continental for two weeks at his home northwest of Southworth and east of Port Orchard and had gotten all but one of the lug nuts off the right rear wheel before getting frustrated Saturday afternoon, Deputy Scott Wilson said.

"He's bound and determined to get that lug nut off," Wilson said.

From about arm's length the man fired the shotgun at the wheel and was "peppered" in both legs with 00 buckshot and other debris, with some injuries as high on his body as his chin, according to a sheriff's office report.

"Nobody else was there and he wasn't intoxicated," Wilson said.

South Kitsap Fire and Rescue personnel treated the man at the scene before he was taken to Tacoma General Hospital with injuries Wilson described as "severe but not life-threatening."

He said deputies were unable to get a full statement from the man, relying only on what they could learn while medics treated him at the scene.

"I don't think he was in any condition to say anything," Wilson said. "The pain was so severe, and the shock."
blitZ
Ah yes, the right tool for the right job. rolleyes.gif
sixnotfour
They do shit like that all the time in the Movies.
Borderline
welcome.png
Dr Evil
The important question is, "Did it work?" You can always put a trashcan lid between you and the wheel biggrin.gif
TravisNeff
Nice thumb3d.gif

His execution might need work, but his approach sounded just right lol.
DNHunt
I suspect there is a logical explanation like he couldn't find the BFH.
balljoint
Wrong wrong wrong.

Buck shot is for deer hunting. Lug shot is for removing stubborn nuts. 12 Gauge 2 3/4" and 3" Magnum available at your local flaps.

rolleyes.gif
byndbad914
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Nov 12 2007, 04:59 PM) *

They do shit like that all the time in the Movies.

av-943.gif you beat me to it! I have seen a whole wheel just blown off with a shotgun - all five lug nuts let go! Must have worked cuz the car was speeding down the freeway... he just needed someone to drive by him while he did it.

What kills me is they say he spent two weeks working on the car - I am wondering if the whole 2 wks was trying to get the wheel off?????? I would shot the mf'er myself after just a couple days hahahah. drunk.gif
LS6/914
Well, my "neighbor" might have been just a little frustrated with the ol hot rod Lincoln, or the corner market (PJs) might have been out of OLY GOLD. No matter what the outcome, we as neighbors failed to lend a hand. Humbled, Larry
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Ferg @ Nov 12 2007, 06:17 PM) *

We should fit right in blink.gif biggrin.gif

By Associated Press
SOUTHWORTH, Wash. (AP) - A man trying to loosen a stubborn lug nut blasted the wheel with a 12-gauge shotgun, injuring himself badly in both legs, Kitsap County sheriff's deputies said.

The 66-year-old man had been repairing a Lincoln Continental for two weeks at his home northwest of Southworth and east of Port Orchard and had gotten all but one of the lug nuts off the right rear wheel before getting frustrated Saturday afternoon, Deputy Scott Wilson said.

"He's bound and determined to get that lug nut off," Wilson said.

From about arm's length the man fired the shotgun at the wheel and was "peppered" in both legs with 00 buckshot and other debris, with some injuries as high on his body as his chin, according to a sheriff's office report.

"Nobody else was there and he wasn't intoxicated," Wilson said.

South Kitsap Fire and Rescue personnel treated the man at the scene before he was taken to Tacoma General Hospital with injuries Wilson described as "severe but not life-threatening."

He said deputies were unable to get a full statement from the man, relying only on what they could learn while medics treated him at the scene.

"I don't think he was in any condition to say anything," Wilson said. "The pain was so severe, and the shock."

Damned, stupid old farts! Wait a minute - I are one! In that case, good move, but he should have used a dust mask. You know, to protect his chin from the pellets. Yeah, that would work.

Wait a minute - it was a Lincoln. Who gives a shit!
Pat
Bleyseng
The guy is probably Dino's neighbor...... av-943.gif
ConeDodger
[quote name='Pat Garvey' date='Nov 12 2007, 06:32 PM' post='966115'
Wait a minute - it was a Lincoln. Who gives a shit!
Pat
[/quote]

Pat,
I think the problem was...

It was an original lug nut!!! w00t.gif
Project 6
SLITs has relatives in WA?
TC.356
Bet that shot gun idea would work well for sandblasting small items . . . . just remember: always wear safety goggles.
dinomium
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Nov 12 2007, 07:26 PM) *

The guy is probably Dino's neighbor...... av-943.gif

Nope, those Southworth guys are W I E R D ! To much easy access to Vashon and West Seattle!

I have felt like shooting certain cars but never to remove a wheel...
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Freg:

THANKS THAT MADE MY DAY: Shitty day at work, that perked things up

and then things got better! Dave slap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.