Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adding some steel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
I've decided to go with a hard top, after experiencing what the Engman long kit can do for our cars I am now working on a hard top. I have decided to add a little more steel to the windshield frame. I used 14 gage steel and have significantly strengthened the windshield frame. I think theres enough steel to make a big difference. I need to get my steel flairs and a 944 top and head back to Washington state to get things going again.

IPB Image

IPB Image
Wilhelm
Do you have any pics of the cool rear deck hinge setup? Is this something you plan on marketing? Pretty neat deal in the video. Is it working well and keeping rain out of the trunk?
drive-ability
QUOTE(Wilhelm @ Nov 12 2007, 10:07 PM) *

Do you have any pics of the cool rear deck hinge setup? Is this something you plan on marketing? Pretty neat deal in the video. Is it working well and keeping rain out of the trunk?

The trunk is working fine, I don't get rain on my car much, but its basically the same as any other trunk lid. No plains other-wise..
TravisNeff
That ought to add some strength!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.