Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: *V8 content* Holley 650 carb rebuid
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nocones
I know it's not Porsche related, but I do have a V8 in my 914. And on that V8 is a Holley 650 carburetor, and that carb could use a rebuild.
Now I know it's like an American gearhead right of passage type thing to have rebuilt a 4-barrel carb, but I somehow missed that day in class. I've just never had to do it before.
I took a look at Summits site to find a rebuild kit and they list about six different ones for my carb! headbang.gif
My question, to all you much more knowledgeable folk is, which one?

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.as...+115+4294865525

Thanks.
Dr. Roger
they come in different stages of "rebuild".

IMHO, if you're going to go through the trouble of breaking it down, you might as well go all the way. My first few ended up being real educational experiences.

helpful hints:
make a clean area
keep every part well organized during break down so reassembly is easy
pickup some carb dip. comes in 1 gallon size
follow those pesky directions to the tee. especially when setting floats... BTDT...

=)

Yours have crossover tubes?
nocones
Thanks Roger.
I've been through several motorcycle carbs so I've learned my lessons (I hope) about having a clean area and staying organized.
Not familiar with carb dip, but I'll take your word for it.
I'm not sure about the crossover tubes, how do I check?
SLITS
Post the list number on the air horn of the carb. I'll cross it to what ever Holley says.
nocones
Thanks Slits.
I got out of work really late tonight so I'll have to take a look tomorrow. I'll post the # when I find it.
nocones
Here are all the numbers I could find on the carb itself:

From the drivers side, just under the flange the airfilter base sits on. P-32

Looking down from above, between the front two "barrels" and the rear two, on the drivers side. 2A

Looking down from above, between the front two "barrels" and the rear two, on the passengers side. 6R 5534 B

Hope these help as I wasn't able to locate any others.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.